News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Bumpers needed for 57 Ford 300

Started by JohnnyT, 2023-04-02 14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyT

Working on restoring a 1957 Ford 300 and am needing front and rear bumpers and brackets. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could locate these? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

terry_208

I have a rear bumper.  It needs straightened and re-chromed.  I may be able to get access to the brackets for it.  Where are you located?
Terry

JohnnyT

JohnnyT

mustang6984

Johnny...most of the time (not always) if you look in the left column...you will see that info. He is in Boise Idaho.   :006:

terry_208

`57 Addict

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

wv 57s forever

do you want bumpers you can rechrome or ones that need nothing?   Im in wv  call me three 04 two03o
ne610

JohnnyT

Would like a set I didn't have to do anything to but at this point would like to find a set. Do you have any?

RICH MUISE

Check with the big swap meets. With any luck the chrome shops will have what you need there..already done. BTW, the Pate swap meet is coming up later this month, that's where I got mine, but it's in Fort Worth, so Looooong drive for you.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-04-03 09:05Check with the big swap meets. With any luck the chrome shops will have what you need there..already done. BTW, the Pate swap meet is coming up later this month, that's where I got mine, but it's in Fort Worth, so Looooong drive for you.

Had I realized the Portland (OR) swap meet was this past weekend, I may have gone just to look for bumpers. The potential savings could have paid for the trip.  Ogden Chrome quoted me $855 for the rear and $945 for the front.  I fully expect the final cost to get them back to be about $2600 and will be 3-4 months.

Terry

Marc

If you do go to the swap meets, stay away from bumper boyz. Cheap garbage.

abe_lugo

saw a set on a ranchero at the wrecking yard and got lazy, I may go this weekend, will check again. It was clean with brackets too. I pulled the corner bumper supports only.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

geraldchainsaw

if you look down the list to,  need a project to work on,   it shows a set front & back,  but needs rechroming.      the post is 4 or 5  posting below yours

JohnnyT

Thanks but the bumpers in the need a project were for the Ford 500, these are not the same as the 1957 Ford Custom 300 bumpers.
The bumpers from a 1957 Ranchero are the same as the 1957 Ford Custom 300 Bumpers. 
Thanks for all the feedback I inherited the car from my Dad and he had the bumpers and they had been rechromed but they were not on the car and got stolen before he got them back on the car.

57chero

Just so you know the rear bumper for the Ranchero and wagon are different from a sedan, the bumper guard holes are closer together for the Wgn./ Ranchero guards with the license plate lights.

JohnnyT

Thanks I remember that now just needing the bumpers and looking at all options.