News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Very Attractive.

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2023-10-29 06:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Alvin, you gonna post a pic of that April 2000 car show poster? 

rmk57

Close to the same, but a tri-colour and a Meteor to boot. Car show I attended 10 or so years ago it was there.

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Tom S

HA! Never thought about it before but after looking at that pic of the yellow & black '57 Meteor I suddenly realized where the '58 Edsel's thin horizontal grille bars came from. 

alvin stadel

Tom, I will try. I will have my wife take the picture on her phone and send it to Hugh and let him post it.

mustang6984

Here are two pics of the poster Alvin was speaking of above.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KULTULZ

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2023-10-29 06:34It always was my favourite on a 500 series car..... but never offered on a Custom, Custom 300 or Wagon(?)
Am I incorrect on that?

The GOLD ANODIZED INSERT is missing -

QuoteThe impetus for the creation of the Del Rio was Ford's desire to remain in the two-door sport wagon market started by the Chevrolet Nomad and Pontiac Safari and the decision to discontinue the company's original attempt at a sport wagon, the premium Parklane, which failed to entice buyers during 1956, its only year in production.

While the Nomad was Chevrolet's most expensive model, offering a premium vehicle with a show car-inspired body style, the Del Rio was strictly based on an existing product, the utilitarian two-door Ranch Wagon, Ford's least expensive station wagon, as part of the Custom 300 series.[2]

Beginning with the basic body, buyers of the Del Rio were offered a unique two-tone paint scheme (optional), better quality interior and exterior bright-work (including gold anodized aluminum accents) and a higher grade vinyl upholstery.

SOURCE - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Del_Rio#cite_note-flory2008-2
MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

djfordmanjack

I think, looking at the  non stock paintwork of said wagon, someone deliberately sanded and polished the anodized panels to their natural aluminium finish. although the gold may have worked just right with the inca gold and black. These trim panels can get corroded and dull after decades of weather and sun exposure. They are very hard to clean or refurbish without damaging the original anodized surface and looks. I have also seen several cars where somebody chose to paint the insert area a different color for a twotone ore tritone effect.