News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Flamin Mo 57

Started by campy38, 2023-11-13 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

campy38

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2023-12-03 00:56Nice project.  I have a big block in my 62 Fairlane, it makes for fun driving. (Not so great on gas mileage)😑. Are you running a manual or automatic transmission?

Automatic. I'd like manual but it's already got a C6 auto so I'm leaving it for now.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)
"speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

campy38

Engine bay photo after painting and trailered up to go get her heart put back in! Hopefully be running by end of the year!
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

hiball3985

I don't recognize the wiper motor, does anyone know what it is from?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57chero

Aftermarket electric or 57 Chevy.

hiball3985

My first thought was 57 Chevy also but thats what I have on mine and it's different from his.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

The AC Delco wiper units retained the control cable.  The aftermarket units require the cable replaced with 12v wiring and dash switch.  The PIC appears to retain the cable and leads me to believe it is an AC Delco style wiper motor conversion.

hiball3985

The difference I see is his looks like the cable switch location is on the front and mine is on the top?
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

AC Delco supplied several versions for many vehicles that will bolt-in and work as a '57 upgrade.  PIC is the desired, two-speed,'57 version (according to serial number) to use for the upgrade.  Several others will work but this version is better supported by aftermarket parts and rebuilders.  I found repop plastic switch parts for mine.

hiball3985

Thank you, thats good to know there are other options. I had to replace the plastic slide also, got it from Ecklers.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

campy38

Well she is home and moves with her own power! Flamin Mo is LOUD and ready to run. The 460 is pushing significantly more power than before!
My friend installing motor/ front end ran into a few snags as we knew he would. Headers had to be cut and rerouted around steering box. And some modification to the upper control arms in order to get it to align properly. Next I'm fixing trunk latch, passenger door latch, installing new shocks, painting the steel rims black, new tires, figure out why I have 0 lights😂 and the list goes on! But just a few things and she will be road worthy!
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

mustang6984

Excellent! Progress...and in a fairly short time too!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

xonewm

Regarding the wiper motor, my '57 Courier had a similar electric motor. It was also two-speed and the stamped part# was for a '56 Chevy.
Passed it on to a buddy with a '56 Chevy project car.
A man with an opinion unhampered by facts.

Ford Blue blood

I found the electric wiper motor out of a 60 full sized Ford was also a bolt-in.  Used the same cable to switch arangement as the 57 vacuum, just needed to run 12V to it.  In the 60 it is located under/behind the dash mounted to the cowl.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

campy38

Could anybody tell me where I could find the sliding ford lock? We had to cut it out. I ordered one from c and g and it is much shorter and the oblong shape does not fit...
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

campy38

Turns out I have a custom 300 not a fairlane! Gues and CGfordparts were super nice and helped me find the correct part. My dad didn't even know that it wasn't a fairlane and he had the car for years!
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)