News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My 300 build

Started by kld292, 2023-11-17 16:58

Previous topic - Next topic

kld292

Here's my recipe so far:

Front Suspension-fatman tubular a arms, Viking coilovers

Rear suspension- 6 leaf station wagon leaf springs, 2" blocks

Brakes- front- wilwood ultra lites
Rear- johns industries drums

Engine- .060 over 460, D0VE heads, comp cams 262he cam, comp cams 1.73 gold roller rockers, icon forged pistons, eagle h beam rods, weiand stealth intake, Holley 750

Transmission-tremec tko 600

Rear axle-johns industries 9in, with nodular 4.11 trac-loc

Wheels and tires-1991 crown Vic interceptor 15" steel wheels, with police hubcaps. Cooper cobra 235/70R15

After months of welding in new floor pans, rockers, etc. figgered I'd start a build thread when all the fun stuff(installing parts) happened.

kld292

Also forgot-

Steering-borgeson power steering box

Headers-FPA ceramic coated headers

terry_208

There's a lot of work getting to that point. It looks nice!
Terry

RICH MUISE

Wow, that's gonna be a great build. I'm asking for my own knowledge..........do the Fatman control arms have an advantage over the much heavier/beefier OEM arms? More Caster?
That '56 Merc is one of my favorite cars, btw. Project?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

kld292

Rich, not sure if there is any advantage over the stockers or not. I figured what the heck, I'm in this far might give them a try as they are the only aftermarket product available. I think they'll give 3-4 degrees positive caster, that's what the instructions say anyways.

The merc is next in line...

lalessi1

Fatman Control arms offer improved geometry, they allow a few extra degrees of caster. That is one of the improvements/upgrades on my wish list. What are you gonna do for a front sway bar? Your build is similar to mine but I have a 462 FE. Looking great!
Lynn

djfordmanjack

I guess the additional caster means it only goes together with power steering ?
Love the 55 Merc, great design. I have a 49 2dr.

kld292

Supposedly a 64 galaxie swaybar is designed to work with the control arms. Been eyeing a 1" addco swaybar