News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dec. 7th, Pearl Harbor day

Started by alvin stadel, 2023-12-07 10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Another year gone by, and again I want to say thank you to the brave men and women that gave it their all. My dad and the rest of his family and friends that were in the military and worked the war effort here at home are all gone now. I personally knew 2 men that lived through the Arizona bombing, and 3 men that were on the Batton death march. When ever they did talk, and if I was close by I listened to everything they said.I still have some of my mother's ration stamps, for gas, tires sugar ect. and have showen them to many of the neighborhood kids. most have no idea what their grandparents had to deal with. Again I say THANK YOU.

KYBlueOval

Alvin........I was born during the war, and I have a book of ration stamps that was issued with my name on it.As my father explained to me years ago, you could not buy things such as eggs, meat, butter, shoes etc. without a ration stamp.

gasman826

My namesake and Dad's older brother was on the USS Lexington.  He passed in '41 but my family was so fortunate to have his remains shipped back from Hawaii for a funeral and burial.  I've inherited his pictures and diary as well as letters he sent to his best friend.  Such interesting reading about the times that are so far from where we are today.  Lest we forget!

mustang6984

My grandfather was a WWII vet, Japanese theater. I am named after him. He passed in Feb of '75.
I am glad to know he is not around today to see that the country he fought for is no longer around. It  would break his heart.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker