I have question for Forum members with Factory Power Windows.

Started by KYBlueOval, 2023-12-11 12:44

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Could someone with factory installed power windows take a photo of the metal wire loom that, attaches to the door, and swings into the "A" pillar. I recognize that it is not difficult to do, but I've never seen a factory loom installation, and I want to do it once and do it right
Thanks
John

abe_lugo

It's about 6 wires that go into the black plastic holder/loom.  Then it goes into the door sheath or wire protector/ J shaped part that attaches to the door a the wires are tucked into it. Then Into the hole in the door to the insides .  It then goes into the fabric style loom and separate into the switches and the motor wires.  I see if I can get pics.
I'll be disassembling mine a bit for new glass and fixing channels soon. 
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

KYBlueOval

Abe.........Thanks for the reply. Is the loom you refer to an original Ford part to your knowledge? I ask as the loom that I have is metal.
Yes, a photo would be appreciated.
John

thomasso

My protectors are also metal.  Sorry I'm not home to take pictures.  Tom
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

abe_lugo

Here are the pics.  The metal part is only on the door.  The other black part is like a hard plastic sleeve the wire are in.
In either side of it is the woven cloth that is like Chinese finger trap fabric tubing.

Once it comes up the kick panel.  The resetting  break is under the corner there and the rest goes along the firewall to the main harness.

KYBlueOval

Thanks Abe........The photo on the right, showing the metal loom between the "A" pillar and the door, is what I was referring to. Your photo tells me what I wanted to know.
Thanks
John

abe_lugo

Yeah those are metal and sometimes hard to find.  They tuck the wire within them to protect at the door pinch.