News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Air Cleaner Colour

Started by flatbedfred, 2023-12-24 17:24

Previous topic - Next topic

flatbedfred

My 1957 Skyliner has a black colored aircleaner. I believe it is supposed to be a grayish silver. Is there a standard paint color for this?

RICH MUISE

Argent Silver. Same color as on the splash guard between the grille and bumper.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

flatbedfred

Oh great, thank you!

flatbedfred

So I ran across paint this morning that was a GM color, labelled as Argent Metallic. Does that soumd correct?

cokefirst

It may be close.  The official color is Ford Argent. You can buy the Motorcraft spray cans but they are about $19 in the US.  VHT which I believe is owned by Sherman Williams makes a Ford Argent wheel paint.  I looked up the difference and wheel paint is supposed to have something in it that makes it more chip resistant.  I purchased a can and it is spot on.  See if someone in Canada sells it.  We have it at Auto Zone stores here but maybe a Canadian Tire store sells it also.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

flatbedfred

Thank you for that . One of the weird think about shipping these days is that rattle cans don't make it across the border from the US to Canada . I had it explained to me that if they shake the package and hear the rattle can sound, it gets rejected!