News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Supercharged 57 Ford Country Sedan Wagon

Started by flatbedfred, 2024-01-23 16:54

Previous topic - Next topic

flatbedfred

I just received my copy of the March 2024 Classic Car. In it there is a great article on a nicely preserved 57 factory supercharged Country Sedan Wagon. There is an interesting history on that supercharger too.

mustang6984

Thanks for the heads up! I'll look around for it. Sounds like a good article.  :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

cos

Hello  Was that F-code wagon in Washington state?

flatbedfred

Rather than going through the whole article and not finding the answer, I noticed the back license plate is black. it says 57 F and on the bottom it says Washington !

cos

I know that fella that owns that car. Well respected and well know T-bird club member. Has build many high end cars. Took the time to answer my S/C questions, one of a few that know everything about them.

flatbedfred

In the article they mention a feature that they did in the April 2006 Hemmings Muscle Car issue. It has a feature on a 57 Tbird and a 57 Skyliner which I believe are both F codes. I found the magazine on Ebay and I will have it in a few days.

flatbedfred

I had another look at this article. There are two pages displayed as background photos of a meeting of the Ford Executive Committee. I was able to enlarge them. The memo talks about the two high performance engine versions of the 312, the 4v and the 8v.It states the the available supercharger would yield 300 horse power. It says that it needs to protect Ford's performance reputation in racing. It also mentions that Chevrolet had a fuel injection system for their engines.
I found this actual internal document fascinating.