News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane 500 Door Panels

Started by chapingo17, 2024-03-04 09:59

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

I wanted see know if anyone has ordered door panels from SMS Auto Fabrics. I'm a little confuse as far as ordering the right door panels, they seem to have different codes vs Ford manufacture's. I was able to see On-line thru Jerry's Garage list of trim codes. Just want to order the right ones.

oldave57

I ordered door panels for my previous 1957 Fairlane 500 and they were absolutely perfect (match to color, workmanship).  I most recently ordered new seat covers for my present 1957 Skyliner and they were also a perfect match.  However, I do not know if SMS is still making the door panels, because at one time they indicated that door panels were unavailable due to lack of experienced operators (during Covid). 

The best way to confirm the fit would be to call SMS (and they are sometimes difficult to get through to) to confirm if they can still manufacture.  They will send you samples of the material to be used so you can verify a match after you give them your interior code from your Build code.  One other thing to be aware of is that SMS takes quite a while to complete an order.  My most recent order was over a year in delivery.

Good Luck,
Dave

chapingo17

Ok, great information. I did called them, but I got a lady that didn't know to much about my particular 57. I will try to call again see what happens.