News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Looking for Custom 300 original interior pictures

Started by Marc, 2024-05-20 12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Getting ready to reupholster the seats in my 73B using original materials. I'd like to give my upholsterer as much info on how they should look as I possible can since I don't have the original patterns.
I've found a few pics online, but google searches don't turn up much as far as original interiors.
So, if anyone has pictures of seats done with OEM upholstery, especially in a 4-door Custom 300, I'd appreciate if you could post them here.

Lou

i can't find my 57 ford soft trim catalog, maybe someone else has a copy?

lalessi1

There are artist renderings of the Custom and the Custom 300 interiors in the "'57 Ford Custom and Custom 300" sales brochure. I will try to post pictures this afternoon. Not much, but it is accurate.
Lynn

lalessi1

Here is what I have...
Lynn

lalessi1

Lynn

Marc

Thanks Lynn. Those are helpful. There are definitely easier ways to redo the interior, but the rest of the car has a very original look and I want to carry that through with the interior.
I also managed to dig up a couple of pics online from auction sites of a couple of cars that still had original style interiors. The worst part is most search engines these days are geared toward separating you from your money, instead of just presenting you with the information you're looking for.
Hopefully this will give my upholsterer enough info to go on.

cokefirst

SMS Auto Upholstery will send samples for free.  They are very slow in getting the items to you once you buy, but for many patterns, they are the only game in town. 
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

Marc

Thanks, I've been dealing with SMS for this. Got their samples, picked out the materials I wanted and ended up ordering what I'd need to redo the seats.
I decided to have the seats stitched up locally though, rather than waiting for SMS to do it. A few years ago I ordered door panels from them and at the time they said it would be a 6-month wait. That ended up being 2 years. Not willing to wait that long for seat covers.
They would not share their patterns though, which makes things a little tougher. That's why I'm looking for pics of original seats. The seats I have were recovered many years ago by the last owner, and look to have been done using the original pattern but not the original materials. I'm just trying to give my upholstery shop as much info as possible to remove any doubts about how these should go together.

cokefirst

You are preaching to the choir.  I waited almost 3 years for the seat covers for my 1956 F100 restoration.  They were very close, I was going crazy since they make you pay in full up front.  When you are the only game in town, that is the price you pay.  I do have the 1957 Ford soft trim book that has color photos of the upholstery material.  It does not show the whole seat, just a maybe 1 1/2" square print of the material.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

mustang6984

I'll not be using SMS. Local upholstery shops can do good work. Not interested at 71 in waiting 1-2-3-4 years for work to be done. There is no excuse.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker