News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

EMS sheet metal quality?

Started by Fairlane Fan 57, 2024-05-31 01:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairlane Fan 57

There is a 2 door Club Victoria project car I am interested in buying. Looks like it needs to have some sheet metal replaced. Is EMS sheet metal quality still good or has it gone down recently? Otherwise any other vendors?

Ford Blue blood

I used EMS stuff a few years ago.  I doubt they have let their quality slip given they are making improvements to pieces they already have.  The lower front fender patches are a great example.  Their new patches are perfect replacements.  They aren't even in the same ballpark as their old pieces that the new ones replaced!  I just can't imagine they would let quality slip.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

ditto, and to second that thought, any current reproductions of stuff they've been making for years would be on existing tooling......so, highly doubtful a major decrease in quality will be seen. I mean, it's the quality of that tooling that makes the difference, and even a lower skilled operator I would thing wouldn't have much of an effect on product.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe