News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Coke a Cola vending machine

Started by alvin stadel, 2024-07-10 13:04

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I have a ? that has nothing to do with 57 Fords. I have a pop machine in my show room that says Coka a Cola.  I have had it for about 28 years, works good runs good. It takes dimes to operate it. It has been painted white with red coke lettering. There is yellow paint coming though the white in a couple places. I plan to restore it cosmeticaly. Now this my ?, I know most of you are about my age, and hopefully can remember this. I remember when Coke delivery trucks and some machines were painted yellow with red lettering. My parents owned a cafe from 53 to 56 and I remember the truck coloers very well, and there were some chest type coolers the same color. As I search for info on this nothing yellow and red whows up, only red and white. So do any of you remeber this?  Maybe these were a carry over from the 40's.

lalessi1

I seem to remember yellow wooden cases with red letters..... My grandparents operated a drive in restaurant in the late '40s thru the early '60s, the local "Happy Days" hangout.
Lynn

mustang6984

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2024-07-10 14:39I seem to remember yellow wooden cases with red letters..... My grandparents operated a drive in restaurant in the late '40s thru the early '60s, the local "Happy Days" hangout.

Yep...same. I worked in a Stop 'n Go in San Antonio. Our wooden Coca-Cola grates were yellow with red letters. Kind of a canary yellow as I recall...a touch paler but not much.
If you call Coca-Cola in Atlanta and tell them what you are up to they probably would give you the info you need.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

Cant help you, I was always a Pepsi guy..."Choice of a New Generation". :003:
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

abe_lugo

Look up vintage yellow Coca Cola truck.  It might be the same color.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

cokefirst

Post a photo.  Former Coca-Cola Bottling Company employee and 40 year member of The Coca-Cola Collectors Club.
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2024-07-10 14:56Cant help you, I was always a Pepsi guy..."Choice of a New Generation". :003:
Ditto...have my own Pepsi machine!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

Back in the 60's when we needed to support a car in order to get under it,and not having jack stands,it was a common practice where I lived (Atlanta) to go to a near by grocery store, or any store that sold soft drinks in volume, and "borrow" a quantity of the wood bottle crates. We would jack the car up and slide a stack of these bottle crates under the frame on both sides of the car.
They are very strong, because of the way they were constructed. I have one yellow Coke crate remaining from the many that were "borrowed", and a working 10 cent Coke machine to go with it.
John

alvin stadel

Thanks guy's any and all info helps. My wife is also a pepsi nut, every afternoo at 4, she has a couple of rum and pepsis.

hiball3985

1939-42 Autocar cab over
coketrucks.jpg
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

in Germany and Austria the Coke vans were also yellow and red (in the 1950s)

this one is currently getting restored. not joking !

KYBlueOval

DJ........Whoever is taking on this restoration, meets the definition of an optimist. WOW!
John

Ford Blue blood

Aw, just a little bondo, a rattle can of yellow and it will buff out.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Should look fine after a day's worth of buffing right?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Use pressurized air that will pop right out!
Terry