News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hydro-Boost

Started by lalessi1, 2024-09-13 16:20

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Well I posted a little about adding power assist to my brakes. I know Rich and Gary have HB on there cars so a couple of months ago I decided to add that to my car. I have a Wilwood front disc brake conversion on my car but it did not "feel" like it was adequate. I knew it was but I really had to PUSH on the pedal to get it to stop (not confidence inspiring}. My engine had little vacuum and I even considered electric boost. I bought a new HB unit modified (inverted) for an early Mustang and went to a Wilwood master cylinder. I had to move my clutch master (under-dash)..redo brake lines... run hydraulic lines...ETC. After a few weeks of waiting on stuff I finally got it all together, bled brakes and the HB/PS system, fired it up... NO POWER STEERING! A couple of weeks and I talked to Borgesen, Hydratech finally realized I had crossed the PS box HP line coming off the HB with the return. Shame on me.

I finally got it all corrected, drove the car and I LOVE THE BRAKES NOW.
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

Good to see your post....you survived the horrorcain and still have lights!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Glad to hear it worked out, except for all the extra work. I see you also added the cooler. good idea. Does your hydroboost get hot? I think I need to bleed my new rack a bit more, as the booster gets hotter now than it use to, at least that I remember.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2024-09-14 09:01Good to see your post....you survived the horrorcain and still have lights!

Thanks! Love the "Horrorcain" word. The storm was a non-issue for the most part in Baton Rouge, we didn't loose power and  no debris at all in my yard too. Rich, I haven't driven the car enough yet to see if the HB gets hot or not.
Lynn