News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Aluminum direct bolt on radiator...

Started by JPotter57, 2012-10-10 17:25

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

At cruisin the coast today..auto city classic glass has a nice 100% aluminum, fully welded, no epoxy radiator...$225.  Awesome deal for a good looking part....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Couple pics...
Old, loud, and fast.

57 Ford Kustom

James,

If you remember I have an over heat issue, do you thing that this would work with my 351w? if so, do they offer this on a webb site/

thanks,

Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

sprink88

~Chris

suede57ford

The top radiator hose fitting is on the wrong side.  

I would like to order a couple at that price, but the upper water neck in the picture is on the wrong side for Y-Blocks and most Ford V8's.

James, do you know if they will come with the fitting on the other side?   And was that a special price where they can still be ordered?

Thanks,
Pat
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

JPotter57

I just saw that a minute ago...wow...better check the ones that they have in boxes before I buy one, lol...
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

The one in the picture is apparently 5759B which may be a 6 cyl...5759A is correct.  The web pricing is supposed to be 249.  My dad bought one yesterday, 242 out the door, tax included.
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

will this rad cool better than a stock one?

RICH MUISE

I was wondering the same thing. good looking radiator, but I was wondering about the cooling compacity for a 'warmed over"(no pun intended) or big block motor.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Had a "warmed over" 390 with A/C in my 62 Bird, stock radiator, just recored, cooled it just fine in parades in 95* weather!  Did have the stock shroud and clutch fan.  The universal 2 tube aluminum from Summit in my wagon ran cool as can be while cruising the grounds at the Good Guys in Nashville, no shroud, 7 blade fan 1/2" from the radiator so I would say yes Rich it will do the job.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JPotter57

Got mine today, the radiator inlet and outlet are both in the correct positon for a V9.  The display radiator I took the pic of must have been a 6 banger rad.  They had several display radiators there, the T-Bird one was of course correct, as there were no 6 banger birds.I'll get pics of mine in a couple days.

By the way Rich, my last `57 had a two core aluminum radiator, 600 hp stroker 351W, never ran hot except when I first built it with one of those cool looking pointed blade fans.  When I switched to a regular flex fan, it ran around 175-180 all the time, even in the heat of summer.  The two cores are actually 1 inch wide each, so plenty of water goes through them.

Tim, yes, this would cool your car.  Yes they offer this on their site, as seen above.  Be sure to ask for the V8 one, they will get you the right one.  The one I took a pic of at the show, the display, is a 6 cyl rad and is incorrect for a V8.  Mine and dad's are correct.  The web price is supposed to be 249 according to the guy we got ours from, but it shows as $349 when you go check it out.  However, this is still cheaper than the ones listed at Oreillys, Autozone, Advance, etc, and they are brass/copper composite.  Good luck...

These guys go to all the major shows around the country, and are based in Minnesota.  Phone is 763-444-5880.  Oh yeah, they just started carrying new gas tanks and senders for 57-59 Skyliner retractable hardtops...I told them to look into wagon and Ranchero next, they're hard to find too.
Old, loud, and fast.

62galxe

just talked to them about the radiator. dont go by the online part number. on the phone they told me 5759B was V8. Im out of town so could somebody verify the outlets for the V8. im pretty sure its upper right lower left. Thanks

suede57ford

James,

Does the top look like an original 57 radiator?  I'm interested in ordering one for the black sedan, but it has to look stockish.  I plan to put a coat of black paint on it so it will not stand out.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Pat...I ordered one last Friday..suppose to ship "mid-week", if you want to wait and see what it looks like.
Also..this is getting confusing....I looked at the old radiator I pulled out of mine...an original 6 cylinder radiator as far as I know. It had the top hose connection on the left, but had the bottom connection on the right. The one in the pic James posted has them both on the left! Could the one in the pic be wrong for either?
Pat..P.S.,...talked to Wayne about putting the front and rear glass in for me. He's done '57's and remembered exactly how it is assembled. No problem with coming to my house. He seems like a nice guy, enjoyed talking with him.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe