News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door locks, left & right

Started by Tom S, 2018-08-14 05:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoosier Hurricane

Tom, yes I was receiving it like KyBlueOval.  I just recognized what was happening and read them as apostrophies.  Your latest post is OK.   John

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

KYBlueOval

Everything looks fine now.
John

Tom S

Thanks, Hoosier Hurricane, CobraJoe, & KYBlueOval. After trying something else that didn't work I went back edited every apostrophe atrocity I could find in this thread. Don't wanna do that again!
Nobody had mentioned this before so thanks for lettin' me know, John. I wonder if it has anything to do with what browser people are using.  I'm using Mozilla Firefox.

CobraJoe

No, I think it's the forum. I have tried unsuccessfully to add a umlaut to Gunther's name and when I type it, it's ok, but when it post, it changes to a question mark or other symbol.

I'll do it now, and take a screen shot before it posts and add it as a pic so you can compare it to what it looks like after I hit the post button:   G?nther

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

You can try this yourself as a test  hold the Alt key and type in 0252

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-08-19 10:48
No, I think it's the forum.
I have tried unsuccessfully to add a umlaut to Gunther's name and when I type it, it's ok, but when it post, it changes to a question mark or other symbol.
Yeah, that makes sense. I agree.  Other sites I'm on or have been on don't change stuff like that.