News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by RICH MUISE - Today at 16:21
In my mind, it has to be a scam. Just my 2 cents.
Last post by djfordmanjack - Today at 15:52
It's a neat car that could benefit a lot from a wheels/tire change. could be a completely different car tomorrow. It would even make a really great daily driver in So Cal, once you got the engine problems fixed. Clevelands may be harder to find parts for, but probably could be replaced with any other SBF/ FE without too much problems.

Quote from: abe_lugo on Today at 14:47Thanks Lynn.  In my mind it's a 300 anyhow.  But the price seems too good.  He said it has a Cleveland 351.  And is not running. 

Last post by djfordmanjack - Today at 15:42
This is when I took my 62 bug on the trip to Bavaria, it's off topic, but still the Alpine mountains look good !  :003:
I am going on our annual seaside trip to Croatia next week, and I'll take the 57 this time !  Hopefully I will be able to post some pics in 2 weeks or so.

Abe, do you have some pics from the trips you mentioned? I really like that you are taking your 57 wagon out and about. These cars were made for traveling (and staying, along the road !)

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2024-05-08 20:13Cool, I love to see your travels, I own a few sets as I went  to Viva Las Vegas from LA in the Wagon.

Im going to do Santa Maria Friday, Sat for the WKK show then cross the mountains to Tehachapi to Western Swingout at the end of the month.

There is an accessory type turbine wheel cover for 1957 Ford passgr cars, I think it is a one piece stainless item. (The one pictured in first post)
As far as I recall my friend's Thunderbird had similar hub caps, but they were indeed hubcaps with an accessory turbine style trim ring, so these were 2 pcs items on the T bird (as far as I recall his was a 56 though).
This is the 300....
Here is what I have...
NICE !!! My first 57 (SD Courier) also had a 1969 302. maybe not a very spectacular engine swap, but they make great drivers. I also have a 302 in my 34 2dr Sedan. These engines will go 3/4 to full throttle on the Autobahn all day long.
In a 57 Ford a SBF engine also makes a big difference in weight distribution. My Del Rio has a 351W and it takes a lot of weight off the front axle, compared to the Y. Certainly improves handling. That said, I still love my 292 in the CS. wouldn't want to have any other engine in there.
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 14:47
Thanks Lynn.  In my mind it's a 300 anyhow.  But the price seems too good.  He said it has a Cleveland 351.  And is not running. 
There are artist renderings of the Custom and the Custom 300 interiors in the "'57 Ford Custom and Custom 300" sales brochure. I will try to post pictures this afternoon. Not much, but it is accurate.
Last post by lalessi1 - Today at 13:50
There are two Custom models. The base Custom has the exterior trim that the car in the ad has. The Custom 300  has the gold trim on the side (similar to the Fairlane 500) and an upgraded level of interior trim. I think the base Custom only offered the gray interior while the 300  could have had blue or green interior. There were some early 300s that had a single full length trim (no gold).