News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

taking one of my vintage cars on a 600 mls round trip as of tomorrow. I want to take along all of you guys who struggle to do. We are still always on the road, together!

abe_lugo

Cool, I love to see your travels, I own a few sets as I went  to Viva Las Vegas from LA in the Wagon.

Im going to do Santa Maria Friday, Sat for the WKK show then cross the mountains to Tehachapi to Western Swingout at the end of the month.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

abe_lugo

I'm not supposed to use Facebook but dang!!!
But you know how it is.  Can be a scam.  Too far north for me to check it out.

Also some replayed with it not being a true 300. 
Can some mention what are the tells for a 300?

lalessi1

There are two Custom models. The base Custom has the exterior trim that the car in the ad has. The Custom 300  has the gold trim on the side (similar to the Fairlane 500) and an upgraded level of interior trim. I think the base Custom only offered the gray interior while the 300  could have had blue or green interior. There were some early 300s that had a single full length trim (no gold).
Lynn

abe_lugo

Thanks Lynn.  In my mind it's a 300 anyhow.  But the price seems too good.  He said it has a Cleveland 351.  And is not running. 

djfordmanjack

This is when I took my 62 bug on the trip to Bavaria, it's off topic, but still the Alpine mountains look good !  :003:
I am going on our annual seaside trip to Croatia next week, and I'll take the 57 this time !  Hopefully I will be able to post some pics in 2 weeks or so.

Abe, do you have some pics from the trips you mentioned? I really like that you are taking your 57 wagon out and about. These cars were made for traveling (and staying, along the road !)

Quote from: abe_lugo on 2024-05-08 20:13Cool, I love to see your travels, I own a few sets as I went  to Viva Las Vegas from LA in the Wagon.

Im going to do Santa Maria Friday, Sat for the WKK show then cross the mountains to Tehachapi to Western Swingout at the end of the month.

djfordmanjack

It's a neat car that could benefit a lot from a wheels/tire change. could be a completely different car tomorrow. It would even make a really great daily driver in So Cal, once you got the engine problems fixed. Clevelands may be harder to find parts for, but probably could be replaced with any other SBF/ FE without too much problems.

Quote from: abe_lugo on Yesterday at 14:47Thanks Lynn.  In my mind it's a 300 anyhow.  But the price seems too good.  He said it has a Cleveland 351.  And is not running. 

RICH MUISE

In my mind, it has to be a scam. Just my 2 cents.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

abe_lugo

Quote from: RICH MUISE on Yesterday at 16:21In my mind, it has to be a scam. Just my 2 cents.
100%.  I happen to only look at 1957 Ford  Authority on FB and asked if anyone can vouch for it.

abe_lugo

Went to west coast Kustoms cruising nationals in Santa Maria.
Only a few 57's
Took the wagon.  We left and headed to Tehachapi this afternoon. 
Another show in the morning at the Western Swingout

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on Yesterday at 16:21In my mind, it has to be a scam. Just my 2 cents.

Facebook has him listed as a top contributor...so maybe not.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Nice 57s ! The 4dr Fairlane Club sedan is a particularly good looking body style.

abe_lugo

Here are some.  From my wife's company instagram account. Finckyfox will will be vending at the WesternSwingout today

abe_lugo

Climbing the heavy duty incline. 

abe_lugo

Quote from: mustang6984 on Today at 00:22Facebook has him listed as a top contributor...so maybe not.
The mod found it and reposted it.  I do t think he is the seller.  But in a way might be vouching for it.