News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rocker Panel Replacement...And Beyond

Started by petew, 2013-08-07 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

They are..it's actually the whole front half of the inner right fender..part looks great.
Jerry..not sure what you meant by "would like to weld up the headlight surround"...did you mean just weld up the seam? or do you need to do some rust repair?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jerry Box

RICH MUISE

One of the things you can do to really clean up things..with not too much work....my "painting booth" in the background, btw. Almost 3 years ago, and still not on the car! Geez am I slow.

Jerry Box

petew

A little progress..

RICH MUISE

Very impressive, Pete. I still think you've got the overhaulin crew over there.

Ford Blue blood

Doing just fine sorting all those jig saw pieces...... :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

petew

No Overhaulin crew , if they were here they would probably paint it purple and put a Chevy engine in it !
As for the jig saw puzzle I took a ton of pictures during disassembly , bagged and labeled everything but still find myself making mistakes or stopping to scratch my head wondering how to proceed.

Got the dash back from paint, now that's going to be a puzzle...

petew

Getting the dash together. Thanks for the radio knobs Rich they are the icing on the cake. Just got the radio back from being converted into an am/fm. I'll run a modern single 6x9 speaker in the stock location in the dash.
Still waiting for the speedo bezel to be painted, should have that and the rest of the dash pieces back this week. Then I'll flip it over and wire the whole mess.

Jerry Box

That's looks good you are doing a nice job getting that car back together

petew

Thanks Jerry, Installed front and rear sway bars today. Very nice parts but horrible instructions . I've done kits on other cars before so it went fine but they make you earn it.
All parts were plated or powder coated , nice kit.

Jerry Box

I really like all the pictures where did you get your sway bars? My car has none as you know you need them. You're doing such a nice job.

petew

Sway bar kit came from Thunderbird Southwest 979-249-4200 Nice folks great product.

Jerry Box

RICH MUISE

Jerry...the tbirdssw's sway bar kits are mfg. by them, but are also distributed by Concorse. They are heavy, so in your case the better deal may be Concorse since they are in Nevada....may be a savings in shipping costs as t'b sw is in Texas.
Pete...Thanks for posting the pics of the rear sway bar in particular....we've had the fronts before, but not too much posted on the rear that I remember. Is that all of the rear's bracketry involved, or is there something we can't see?