News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Flamin Mo 57

Started by campy38, 2023-11-13 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

You've got a Custom and the picture is NOT a Custom trunk lock.  The Custom trunk lock covers are the Ford Crest with the FORD part sliding to the right to expose the key tumbler.

campy38

Quote from: gasman826 on 2024-02-29 20:46You've got a Custom and the picture is NOT a Custom trunk lock.  The Custom trunk lock covers are the Ford Crest with the FORD part sliding to the right to expose the key tumbler.

Thanks! I've got the correct one ordered now. And will send this one back. Luckily I have a lot of other things to work on so not too big of a deal😂
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)
"speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

campy38

Continuing to chip away! Trunk latch came in. I decided to not buy the badge/emblem. I'm going to cut a piece of aluminum and have my brother airbrush/pinstripe something to fill the space! My wife actually bought me the taillights for my birthday and those just came in! (She's a keeper!) I painted the steel rims white and will be putting tires on Saturday. And last but not least I have began the fun of wiring😂 ordered 8 colors of gxl.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

campy38

Also I installed new shocks! Went with Monroe oe spectrum. More pics!
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

Ford Blue blood

Oh that light switch will be just fine with a little duct tape............:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

campy38

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2024-03-08 07:45Oh that light switch will be just fine with a little duct tape............:<)

Just what I was thinking😂 there was some shady wiring done and some fried wires happened. Going to slowly replaced everything. Lights are first so I can at least legally drive it here in OK.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

campy38

Few updates. She's back on cragar wheels with brand new tires! 14 front 15 in the rear. Ive ran a new fuse block and from that wired the brake switch and turn signals with new flasher. I swapped rear bulbs out for leds. For the trunk emblem I wanted something different so my dad made me some spun aluminum and my brother pin striped "campy" on there for me! I love it. Up next is new headlights, gauges and cutting hood so I can put it back on.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

campy38

New taillight lens look good! New led bulbs are bright too!
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

mustang6984

You are burning rubber as fast as you are moving on this ride! Good for you!
Can you post a pic of the LED set up you used for the taillights please?

And your trunk emblem looks real cool as well1 Nice!!!

Coming along very well!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Do your flashers work with those LEDs? Unless things have changed, I think the flasher unit needs to be specifically for LED........maybe that's what you've got with your new wiring stuff.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

More info on the LEDs please! You can purchase transparent red lens paint if you want to freshen 'em up. Love the project. You are inspiring me to do stuff on mine!!!
Lynn

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2024-03-23 20:52Do your flashers work with those LEDs? Unless things have changed, I think the flasher unit needs to be specifically for LED........maybe that's what you've got with your new wiring stuff.
Rich, if you only do the rears no need to change the flasher. If you do the front and rear then you do, with 4 there isn't enough resistance for the stock flasher
to work
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

campy38

Well I used the reverse light socket from my old lens and just modified to where they popped into the existing hole. The leds are 1157 and 1156 led bulbs I picked up from Walmart. The flasher I got from Amazon after watching a bunch of YouTube videos on wiring.

I wired blinkers to a toggle switch. I'm doing the same with headlights. I'm converting to newer style 7 inch leds so definitely need the new flasher. And thank you guys for the support! It's been a blast working on it.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

campy38

How I feel sometimes with working on this project😂 well I've wired a tach in. I ran into issues because I bumped a wire hooking it up on distributor and lost spark. Took forever for me to find the issues. I now have another new cap and ignition module... now that's done I'm running into cooling issues. You can see me here replacing water temp gauge. I'm hoping it's part of the problem. Going to replace thermostat as well. we think it's sticking some or that the old gauge wasn't reading correctly. The engine is a new build everything's new. The rad should be plenty to cool the motor at least while running but gauge increased/decreased at random. Will update hopefully this week after doing some more work and testing!
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)

mustang6984

Baby steps...which sometimes drive us to the bottle...or mug.  :occasion14:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker