News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

My first was a 58 Custom 300 with 272 and three speed.  I traded my Triumph motorcycle for it.  I had originally paid $75 for the bike.
Gas was initially 22c a gallon in our little Texas town and had gone up to
28c.  Gas was higher in Louisiana and I remember having to pay 33c a gallon when we were running bootleg through Louisiana and I swore I would never pay that much again.  Then came gas rationing during the seventies, so much for swearing.   :002: 
Wanted / Re: Scare bird brake kit
Last post by ragtop - Today at 21:37
be careful I got a kit from them never got a good pedal stock brakes were better than the kit later found out the brackets moved when you put the brakes on never got them to lock up I put stock back on and put kit in dumpster not sheer it was the new guys or old it may have ben when the sale happened but wood not stand behind the kit 
Members Rides / Re: New Member - A little help...
Last post by Tom S - Today at 21:33
See at the upper right where it says "Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site".
If you open that & then the menu icon thing on the right you can find stuff like this in a list of info.
https://57fordsforever.com/models/

This pic of VIN info might help too.
Wanted / Re: Wanted 1957 or later Y blo...
Last post by cokefirst - Today at 21:11
312, but I will take a 292 distributor.
Hello all and thanks for adding me! Have loved this car since the day I took an interest in classic cars back in my teens and finally took the plunge and bought one (mid life crisis?). Anyhoo... Would like to see if anyone can help me out with a couple of ID questions? Obviously it's a Fairlane 500. But I'm not sure what the difference between a Club & Town Victorias is and what this one would be. Also noticed very few Fairlanes have the chrome on the headlights. Any info on that? Thanks!!!!
Last post by campy38 - Today at 19:41
Quote from: abe_lugo on Today at 19:32I think another company took over scarebirds designs' maybe the name is on the Hamb.  I knew I should have bought a couple sets before they went away.
I've sent them an email. And read a few posts about how it may be under new ownership. I hope they reach out. You can find the kit on the site but it is unavailable at this time to order...
Hoping someone has one but if not then I'll prolly just go another route. I'm too impatient😂
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 19:32
I think another company took over scarebirds designs' maybe the name is on the Hamb.  I knew I should have bought a couple sets before they went away.
Brake Swaps / Re: MBM brakes kit
Last post by RICH MUISE - Today at 19:15
Let us know how it works out.
fwiw, My front brake kit was drop n' stop, except not their booster/master. For that I used '02 (?)MUstang hydroboost, and the rotor/caliper were  '86(?)Granada. My back kit was made by StainlessSteel Brakes Inc,.....based on '88 T-Bird stuff.  Tried to keep it all Ford when possible. Neither company is still in business.
Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on Today at 11:04When I started working in my Father's B/A station a $10.00 fill was big news.

My first car was a 1958 Custom 300, 223 6-cylinder automatic.

Terry
 :canada:

Yea, that was usually a pick-up with twin tanks!
Wanted / Re: Wanted 1957 or later Y blo...
Last post by mustang6984 - Today at 18:01
Engine size? 292/312 or a 6 cylinder?