News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rocker Panel Replacement...And Beyond

Started by petew, 2013-08-07 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Petew:

You have and are going to have one very clean 57 when you are done.  Very , very nice.  I have the Thunderbird Southwest sway bar on the front of my 57, but not yet on the rear.  My car still leans a bit even with the much beefier front sway bar.  I'll probably end up getting the rear one, too.  Additional photos of the rear sway bar install would be helpful, if available.

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-04-30 19:37
Jerry...the tbirdssw's sway bar kits are mfg. by them, but are also distributed by Concorse. They are heavy, so in your case the better deal may be Concorse since they are in Nevada....may be a savings in shipping costs as t'b sw is in Texas.
Pete...Thanks for posting the pics of the rear sway bar in particular....we've had the fronts before, but not too much posted on the rear that I remember. Is that all of the rear's bracketry involved, or is there something we can't see?
I ordered mine from Concourse but I guess they don't stock or ship them, it was shipped from Texas $50
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

petew

I'll take some more pictures of the rear sway bar tomorrow and post them.
As luck would have it although Thunderbirds Southwest is in Texas the sway bars are produced in North Carolina so shipping was reasonable and fast.
The cost quoted for the front and rear kits was $425.00 plus shipping. Concours has them listed for $409.95 , I mentioned that and Thunderbirds Southwest gave them to me for that price.

Jerry Box

Thanks for all the info looking forward to more of your posts

petew

attempting to post pictures...

petew

petew

and more, site is picky today will only allow one pic at a time

petew

and more again

petew

and last. I had to make a bracket to space the brake line junction up 2 " to clear the sway bar. A piece of 1/8" steel ,two bends and a couple of holes did the trick.

petew

oops posted a double back there, so this is the last one..

RICH MUISE

Nice job...thanks for posting the pics. We're going to need to find this so I think I'll do a post titled "rear sway bar" and just put a link to this thread...LOL..don't think too many of us will think to look under "rocker panel replacement" for it a few week from now.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jerry Box

Great pictures you must get to work on your car all the time. I'm lucky if I get one day every other week. But by watching you keeps me excited about working on mine.

petew

Dash is assembled now I need to wire it...

Jeff Norwell

Just OUTSTANDING petew!!!
I just love the way you have tackled the whole project.Stellar!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

VwDrvFnd

ahhhhhhh I NEED THAT! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Quote from: petew on 2014-05-01 18:11
Dash is assembled now I need to wire it...
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?