News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

True enough on the ability of the $70 to fill the tank! I can remember when $5.00 would do the trick!
The picture on the dash plaque looks exactly my 2nd 57 blue and white 2DHT. I bought it in October of 1964, I WAS 16 at the time. I payed $70.00 for it and drove it home. The body and interior needed nothing but a good cleaning, however the engine was bad and smoked like crazy. The dealership took my check, but would not put my name on the paper work. They used my dad's name, Herb, for leagle reasons,I guess. For some reason I kept the sales receipt and it is framed and hanging on my showroom wall, Most guys that look at it can't believe the $70.00 price I believe I showed it to Hugh when he was here last spring. In todays world $70,00 well hardly fill the fuel tank.
Wanted / Scare bird brake kit
Last post by campy38 - Today at 09:35
I know it's a long shot. Does anyone have a scare bird bracket kit they would be willing to part with? Wanting to do conversion and looks like that option is cheap/easiest way but they are not in stock.
General Discussion / Re: My Ranchero
Last post by thomasso - Today at 09:28
Inexpensive GPS digital speedos on Ebay work great and plug into cigarette lighter.  Sets on dash and moves from car to car and to glove box when at shows.
Last post by RICH MUISE - Today at 09:02
Congrats, Bill. I'm glad I got to see it a few years ago.
Got a GPS speedometer in mine.....always accurate, doesn't care what the ratios are.
Last post by Ford Blue blood - Today at 06:54
No smart phone...the old fashion "follow me" works OK.  The accuracy of the new cars make them really close to correct.
Last post by Fairlane62 - Yesterday at 22:53
Wow, 23? I usually keep my swaps down to three or four 3rd members and that can be a chore.  :002:
General Discussion / side window
Last post by geraldchainsaw - Yesterday at 21:11
things breaking just can't seem to stop,    1st its the water pump,  then the rad tank,  an still hoping to  get  the MC changed,  now I have a window track pulley pin seperated an   out of track,  an the window won't go up or down,  an it gets harder  an harder to find people to work on the old  cars ,  maybe I'm  just getting to old to have old cars
Last post by 59meteor - Yesterday at 20:33
Quote from: abe_lugo on Yesterday at 20:16Congrats on the sale. 

For anyone with a smart phone there is a free speedometer app that works great. 

Yes, I recently installed the speedometer app on my phone, mainly because I have 23 different rearend 3rd members that I swap out depending on what I am doing with my 59. The factory speedometer is pretty accurate with the "normal" 3.50 ratio, but I currently have the 2.91s in the car, for driving to shows/meets that are longer freeway trips, and I occasionally put in 4.33s, for dragstrip duty. With the 2.91s, the speedo and odometer read lower, and the 4.33s are quite a bit higher, not to mention here in Canada, all the  traffic speed limits are in metric, and with these older cars being in MPH and miles on the odometer, it is nice to know exactly how fast you are traveling, especially if there happens to be a Police car behind you!
Last post by abe_lugo - Yesterday at 20:16
Congrats on the sale. 

For anyone with a smart phone there is a free speedometer app that works great.