News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rear bumper

Started by Wirenut, 2020-01-26 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

I?m looking for a descent rear bumper for a custom. The Ranchero and wagon bumpers may be the same style (I think). Dent free would be great.

Hoosier Hurricane

Wagon and Ranchero bumpers have the same shape, but have extra holes for the license plate light wires.  Their lights are in the bumper guards instead of the location of the Custom lights.  The mounting holes may be in different locations also.   John

RICH MUISE

Kerby.......the Pate swap meet is coming up in April.Good chance the Bumper Shop will have one. Replated, I think I paid about 350 for my front bumper. The Bumper Shop is not to be confused with the Bumper Boys....if they're even still around.
I've got my old one, but need to hang on to it.....if my roll pan ever gets crunched, I'm going to use it to do a modified/tucked in rear bumper.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Wirenut

Thanks for the replies, I have been internet searching for a bumper but can?t find a supplier. I looked at the listed parts suppliers on this site but it just went back 3 pages and had no suppliers that I could see. I installed the Fairlane Rear bumper and it really looks so bulky on the car that I have decided to go with a custom 300 bumper. I hadn?t thought of the light or wire hole for the license plate light. I have seen some Fairlanes in magazines and sale sites that have a 300 rear bumper and it has the look I want. I?ll keep searching.

Ford Blue blood

Give a look at the 58 500 rear bumper.  A little bigger then the Custom but smaller then the 57 500.  It has the same basic shape except the "top" part of the 57 bumper is missing.  Does that make sense?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

Many times I have dreamed about removing the lower (middle) rib of a 500 bumper. cutting this out and leaving just the upper rib, which is then still molded (one piece) to the 'lower' og bumper design. I think it would look much lighter and like a factory overrider.

Wirenut

I honestly thought about cutting the bumper down to thin it out too, I hate to cut up a good bumper. I think the 300 will give the look I can live with. I can?t locate any aftermarket suppliers, no matter what or who I google search. I thought I had seen them in a catalog a few years ago but must be mistaken.

RICH MUISE

I don't think I've ever seen bumpers advertised for our '57's from the regular suppliers.
Back 3 pages and no suppliers??    you're not looking in the right place.
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=2051.0
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Wirenut

Thanks Rich, I was looking in the wrong place. I am reaching out to the bumper shop to see if they have one. Thanks for the info.

Wirenut

I did call Bumper Depot in California today and they have originals that have been re chromed for 450.00 with core and 550.00 without. I'll look at their reviews online. Anyone here had any dealings with them?