News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

1959 Ford World Headquarters Building lobby bronze sculptured world map

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

1942 Ford Willow Run Bomber Plant B-24 bomber production

djfordmanjack

^ German Ford Taunus !  :001:

djfordmanjack

All 3 Taunus 17m are local friends cars.

djfordmanjack

more of #3

Marc

That little Taunus is actually a pretty slick looking car. Is there much of an aftermarket for them for performance parts for that little 4-banger?

CobraJoe

1915 Ford Highland Park Assembly Plant; crankshafts

RICH MUISE

What a jungle. I was trying to find lighting, can't see any, but must be there somewhere.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Rich, it appears to be skylights in this 1922 pic...

as well as this Part of the production line at Ford's Highland Park factory, Detroit, Michigan, USA, c1914.

djfordmanjack

No Marc, unfortunately not. While the P2 series ( as pictured above ) was even sold in the US by Mercury dealers as an in-company compact car, it was of course dumped with the introduction of the 1960 Falcons and Comets. By then also the rather baroque design of the cars was already outdated somewhat. Even though I know 3 guys around town with such a 57-60 Taunus, they are really rare today, even in Germany. Parts are extremely hard to find for these model years!

Ford  Cologne produced their own hi hp version of these cars which were then offered with an improved flow intake manifold and tuned up 1bbl carb or manual secondary 2bbl on later models , producing up to 75horses compared to the original 60 hp. While this may sound ridiculous to you, bear in mind, that other European cars of the time like Fiat or the Volkswagen beetle had only 25 or 30 hp ! So those little Fords were rather one of the faster cars around Continental Europe at the time.
I have one of the next model year series P3 Taunus wagons. as my daily driver. currently getting some restoration work done, but hoping to have it back on the road next year. It's the white one.

Quote from: Marc on 2023-07-28 12:43That little Taunus is actually a pretty slick looking car. Is there much of an aftermarket for them for performance parts for that little 4-banger?

CobraJoe

1923 Lincoln Assembly Plant Model L final assembly area