News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

this is the tiny Model Y of England, 1932. Later a similar version was built in Cologne, Germany as well. named the Ford Eifel.

and this is the real deal, good ole US iron.... :002: :003:

CobraJoe

...and no, that's not a cell phone.   :003:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Joe, do you have any information abut the young couple in the Fairlane ?

CobraJoe

Nothing other than it was supposedly taken in the Gravesend neighborhood of Brooklyn New York. An almost entirely middle and working class Jewish community, with a sprinkling of Italians, Irish, and Greeks.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

The one that got away; I was watching this '41 Ford (a local car) for several months and the price dropped to 29+K and was still too rich for my blood, fast forward a few weeks and the price dropped to 18K or best offer. After a heated conversation with my wife who happens to adore 40-41 Fords, I called and left a message....the return call said he had just sold it for apptox. $15K because it was sitting outside and he needed the room in his garage to add to his collection!

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2018-10-19 05:01
The one that got away ...

Bummer! Always liked '41 coupes. I missed out on one in the late 1960s. It had about a 30 gallon 2nd tank. Made me wonder if it had been a bootlegger's car from down south.

Tom S

HERE COME THE COPS!

Jeff Norwell

37,38 and 41 Fords used to be the un-loved years(not by me....) but in general.
I think a 41 Ford Custom with subtle changes are classical and beautiful.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

I second that Jeff. all three of said years can be pretty and interesting cars. lets not forget the famous 1941 bumpers ( for custom application) , and in my opinion the most beautiful of the 40-48 dogdish hubcaps on the DLX. they are stainless to begin with and they carry the gorgeous og. style Ford script in blue paint. what do we want more ? :003: I had these hubcaps on my first  Model A Hotrod Pickup and actually now have them on my German 1964 Ford van.

gasman826

current project...not for the faint of heart!

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

djfordmanjack

not sure if Jay and me will pass the valve covers on the coupe, but the guy trapped under his 34 Phaeton sure is funny. I have been working on a friends 34 Phaeton for years now. the pic reminds me of how we can get trapped in/under a project..... :003:

hemidave

New York City  1961
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.