News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Jim, I actually still have that very same fender cover and will get it out when working on the 57 Country Sedan in spring !  :002:

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2019-02-21 19:25
I run nothing but Autolites in my Fords, I was just stating that Champions were standard in Fords until they acquired Autolite.. So your Champion fender cover is actually period correct.

mustang6984

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-02-22 12:40
you are right, Jay. If I knew then what I know today I wouldn't have sold that one. It was a very solid and dry car, nice rockers, solid quarter panels and great floorboards. I believe it has never been welded before. it had some really neat details. colored glass, black carpet, black real leather seats and tuckn roll panels. a gloss black dashboard and chromed garnish moldings all around! One thing I clearly remember is that you would get small electric shocks when touching the horn ring in summer. when driving in a t shirt and left arm on the chromed door garnish molding it would draw some small current that you could actually feel on the skin. ( horn didn't honk though by just touching the horn ring.....hahaha....). There will always be fond memories and a soft spot in my heart for that car !

So...being the owner of 2 Couriers...I have to ask...
A) WHAT possessed you to part with it?
B) Where is it now?
Inquiring minds wan...er...ah...NEED to know! :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Once again, I know there's a Ford in their somewhere....   :006:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

WOW! Look at all that hot rod material waiting to be made into slick rides!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Yeah, I want that dump truck! It would make an awesome camper/tow vehicle. Note in the top right corner, there are people! Appear to be soldiers. and to the left of the dumptruck, and next to the sedan(?) there appears to be someone sitting in the grass. But DUH, I guess we know there were people there, at least a cameraman, lol.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-02-21 18:49
I have nothing but good to say about Champion.
Not me. Back when the motorcycles I ran were two stokes I found that Champions were the worst since they constantly fouled & thereby produced no spark.  Haven't used Champion plugs since then. Other plugs were much better. NGK seemed pretty good & are now what I usually use in my four stroke bikes.  Cars too.

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-02-22 19:33
Once again, I know there's a Ford in their somewhere....   :006:
Wow! That would be a 'gold mine' if it was still there today.

John Palmer

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-02-22 22:58
Not me. Back when the motorcycles I ran were two stokes I found that Champions were the worst since they constantly fouled & thereby produced no spark.  Haven't used Champion plugs since then. Other plugs were much better. NGK seemed pretty good & are now what I usually use in my four stroke bikes.  Cars too.

X2

Tom S

Quote from: John Palmer on 2019-02-23 00:18
X2
Another thought. Maybe the popularity of Champion plugs could be that, as I recall, were once the most advertised spark plugs in the magazines or on TV.  Sort of like Budweiser beer or the Fram oil filters I used on my Fords for years before learning that they were about the worst ones to use.
I switched to another 'cheap' American beer years ago too.
:icon_jook:

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-02-22 20:03
Yeah, I want that dump truck! It would make an awesome camper/tow vehicle. Note in the top right corner, there are people! Appear to be soldiers. and to the left of the dumptruck, and next to the sedan(?) there appears to be someone sitting in the grass. But DUH, I guess we know there were people there, at least a cameraman, lol.

Really? Are my eyes getting that bad?
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ford Blue blood

Now go easy on the Bud's   :003: Fram on the other hand....ready an article in 75 - 76 about Fram, nothing nice said then.  Then the 99 Cobra came out and the "purist" on a Cobra soecific web site went off the rails testing filters.  Once again Fram ended up on the trash pile.  Now these guys were engineers and had labs to analyze the contents and filter capabilities.   Wix and NAPA Gold came out on the top of the pile.

I had used Wix for years before the testing results were placed on the site.  Just happened my brother managed a repair shop and stocked Wix so I got them by the case.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-02-23 06:22
Really? Are my eyes getting that bad?
Maybe mine are. Scroll the picture to the right.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hemidave

DOHC Y BLOCK
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

djfordmanjack

Hugh, there were 2 main reasons.

You can see nothing out of a SD, which is especially bad in todays traffic and on multi lane euro highways.

I needed a heating setup for my newly purchased house back then. and it still keeps me warm in winter.... :002:

@#2
it now is near Stuttgart, Germany. I got in touch with the owner to buy it back , but he didn't want to part with it ( which I understand). That's when I got my Country Sedan.

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-02-22 14:50
So...being the owner of 2 Couriers...I have to ask...
A) WHAT possessed you to part with it?
B) Where is it now?
Inquiring minds wan...er...ah...NEED to know! :burnout:

djfordmanjack

Tom, I actually never used Champions on 2 stroke bikes ( even though I owned some). Probably just personal preference. my German Fords run so much better on Ch.  no fouling at all. VWs run great on L86C. much better than on Bosch. the Mercedes ran perfectly.
my 5TA Triumph idles great, lots of high rpm spark. Flatheads and Y block. no problem. SBF 302 and 351. great. dunno. maybe just me.

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-02-22 22:58