News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Wow...the current "Classic Auto Parts" on I35 surface road in Oklahoma City use to be named "Ford Obsolete". Same business? any info on that pic Joe?

Aside from two of my favorite cars outside, that yellow old victorian house brings back memories of one I use to drive by in Stow, Mass. that was my dream home. I think when I have a few minutes, I'll try and google earth / street view it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hemidave

Enjoying top down weather
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-03-19 07:16
tank, framehorns, bumper, rear window, spare hubcap, all 32 Ford my best guess.
And the suicide doors.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

Indy
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Joe...Model "T" assembly line?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-03-21 16:16
Joe...Model "T" assembly line?

Model "A" Ford assembly line between the years of 1928 to '31

"The first video below contains footage of the following: engine castings on a set of transfer lines, finished engines, clutches and transmissions at the end of the power plant assembly line, fenders passing by while another operation being preformed, engine installation in the chassis, the body drop process, and ending with finished cars being driven off of the end of the assembly line.
The second video below by British Pathe starts out at the end of the assembly line of the small 1932 8 HP Model Y British Ford. It is followed by views of the end of the Model "A" engine line, a Henry Ford Trade School class working on a drafting assignment and practicing the reading of both a very large micrometer and vernier caliper, views of the piston machining line, frame assembly and hot riveting, mounting of tires, and ending with Model "A" Ford trucks leaving the line at the end."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=PZnGWJ_6BwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCJkdcl8mw

mustang6984

WOW! Amazing that those films were as good as they were slme 80 years ago. And those cars were flying off that line in the end of that first video.
And the hot rivets they used. All that work by hand. A lot of guys working on those assembly lines back then. kind of interesting that an 8 hp engine was enough to power those rather large, and I am sure quite heavy cars too.
And I noticed everyone is wearing coveralls over white shirts and ties. LOL!!! A "white collar" job  in those days eh?

Thanks for digging those videos up. Kind of cool to see how  they did things almost 100 years back.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hugh, the 8hp is referring to British tax system of the time ( taxable horsepower). it probably had about 30 hp from a 1.2Litre Flathead 4 engine. (ca 70cui)

djfordmanjack

I stand corrected, it was a 0.9Litre ( 56.9cui) 4.

QuoteThe maximum speed was just under 60 mph (95 km/h) and fuel consumption was 32 miles per imperial gallon (8.8 L/100 km; 27 mpg‑US).

here is a link to explain the tax horsepower system

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_horsepower

CobraJoe

More Chevy's than Ford, but still a cool pic from a Company many of us spent our hard earned money with....

RICH MUISE

Would a pic like that from back in the 60's be even possible anyplace other than Socal?............Socal, so cool!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-03-22 06:51
Would a pic like that from back in the 60's be even possible anyplace other than Socal?............Socal, so cool!
Also that picture of Ford Parts Obsolete looks like the one I remember in So Cal, but my memory is getting more like Swiss cheese every day  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang