News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-04-06 06:19
The "correct" way to move a MOPAR....  :003:

Nice! I was once heading east across the Hod Canal Bridge in WA state when I saw a F450 tow truck with a Chevy tow truck in it's hook heading west across the bridge. Couldn't get a pic of it...but I will always have the memory!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Cecil

Quote from: hemidave on 2019-04-02 09:51
430 Lincoln powered

My pappy said, "Son, you're gonna' drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot Rod Lincoln.

And there it is.   :003:
"I may be slow, but I'm ahead of you." - Brother Dave Gardner

mustang6984

Quote from: Cecil on 2019-04-06 16:38

Ah yes...Commander Cody!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: Cecil on 2019-04-06 16:38

Nope, that ain't it.  The real Hot Rod Lincoln was "A hopped up Model A".
Along with owing a hot rod Model A myself I've got proof that that the Hot Rod Lincoln from the tune of the same name was a Model A & the reason that that tune came to be.
First there is the tune I used to hear often on the radio when I was a little kid years before 'Hot Rod Lincoln' came out.
That tune would be this version of Arkie Shibley's 'Hot Rod Race' by Red Foley. Listen to it all for the mention of the Model A.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8P-QBA0Euo
Maybe it made an impression on me. :)

Here is the original version by Arkie Shibley. Whoever stuck the very wrong car on the illustration for this really screwed up but I sure like the rest of the pic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE4LvufoNvI

Here's what Wicki has to say about these tunes & the 'Hot Rod Lincoln' tune.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Rod_Race

I rest my case.  :003:

Cecil

You have won your case, Tom.  I bow to the master.  I should have remembered the "A hopped up Model A" line, but I embrace my right to be a down right idjit at times.  I invoke that right at this point in time and wish to announce that there is no limit to my claim to "well, damn". 

Tom S

Quote from: Cecil on 2019-04-06 21:51... I should have remembered the "A hopped up Model A" line ...
That 'A' was apparently in grey primer too. "But I could see that it was a streak of grey, ... it was a kid in a hopped up Model A."
That much of the tune always stuck with me even though a lot of it didn't.

You tweaked my memory too with your reference to Brother Dave Gardner.
There was a line on one of his records that must have taken me 40 or 50 years to realize what he was saying. Sure had no clue way back then.
He is out with a girl somewhere. His line: "Let's blow this joint, she says, no, man, pass it on to the waitress".

Cecil

'Miss Baby was alright until Junior and I turned her head around..."

Man, I grew up listening to Brother Dave. 

"If you ain't John, I'm gone."

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-04-06 22:14
That 'A' was apparently in grey primer too. "But I could see that it was a streak of grey, ... it was a kid in a hopped up Model A."
That much of the tune always stuck with me even though a lot of it didn't.

You tweaked my memory too with your reference to Brother Dave Gardner.
There was a line on one of his records that must have taken me 40 or 50 years to realize what he was saying. Sure had no clue way back then.
He is out with a girl somewhere. His line: "Let's blow this joint, she says, no, man, pass it on to the waitress".

Wasn't the "Lincoln" part of the song referencing the engine not the car? That was the way I always interpreted it.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

sure but Tom's absolutely right. at this point in 1950 Red Foley was either referring to the new 337 Lincoln (big Flathead/Ford truck) V8 or the older 306/292 V12. No MEL around by then.

this is another nice version of the song. I have the 1965 12" vinyl record pictured in video, and yes it also contains Robert Mitchums 'Thunder Road'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgIlG90tWGA

djfordmanjack

The Motorcycle Story. You will never believe me but the' turn the head around' joke made it into German language and over here in the 1960s...my father was telling similar jokes all the time, exactly with the cycle riders and all... :003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-PtWvQuIdk

CobraJoe

'55 Ford Custom ?
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Lgcustom

Looks like the wadded up remains of a Caddy to me.

KYBlueOval

I agree , I believe it to be a Cadillac. If you look closely ( I used a magnifying glass ) at the dash area, you can see the "Electric Eye" mounted on the dash at the dogleg.

hemidave

Hauling some Fords....with a Ford
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

hiball3985

The good old days
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang