News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Maybe not too proud, looks like he's got something going on with that front wheel.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

John Palmer

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-08-04 10:38
Maybe not too proud, looks like he's got something going on with that front wheel.

Hopefully it was still under Warranty?

hemidave

August 1960
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

Glad to see the site up and running again !
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

rmk57

Went and saw "Once upon a time in Hollywood" the other night (fantastic show BTW) and they had a recreation of the Spahn ranch movie set. Sitting in there was a very restorable looking 57 Del Rio. I guess one could contact Columbia pictures if interested and own a real movie car. :003:

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

rmk57

Quote from: hemidave on 2019-08-08 11:56
Glad to see the site up and running again !

Odd to see a 57 with paint dividers a soild color. Looks to be a brand new car with a 56 plate decal on it.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

yes but it appears to have 1959 Ford wheelcovers ?! and there is a 58 Che** in the background.
Mum probably went to the local Ford dealership and when asked what car she wanted she probably said : 'I want a red one !'  :003:

hiball3985

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-08-08 12:11
  Went and saw "Once upon a time in Hollywood" the other night (fantastic show BTW) and they had a recreation of the Spahn ranch movie set. Sitting in there was a very restorable looking 57 Del Rio. I guess one could contact Columbia pictures if interested and own a real movie car. :003:

That looks like the current movie ranch in the Santa Susana pass which was in the same area as the Spahn Ranch. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Spahn Ranch was originally Corriganville movie ranch, lots of old westerns filmed there. I see movie cars all the time moving around on car carriers, some owned by the companies and some leased..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hemidave

I like black/white

lalessi1

I have a Louisiana license plate just like that one on my car!
Lynn

CobraJoe

mustang6984

So...from the "this is gonna kill you" file...
A friend of mine found the wooden buck used to build the Daytona siting in a guy's yard in Arizona near Bisbee. tried for years to buy it...to no avail. Eventually the guy died...and the buck, and all the rest of his strange collectibles...were hauled off to the dump by his ignorant son.

Several of the people who worked on the AC Cobra and Daytona projects live near me and are friends with my buddy...one lives in the Seattle area. I have met one who lives in Sequim WA, but his name is not coming to my mind right now. Hearing him talk about those days with Shelby...make me feel like a kid again.
Alan Grant lives in the Sequim area too...but he is...well...not the guy you would want in your home if you were gone and your wife was home alone. Still think of himself as the lust of all females. He has pretty much burned all his bridges in the area where we live...and I nearly went to work for him at one time. My buddy warned me off of that...and given how things turned out, glad he did.

Thanks for the pic Joe...brought to mind some of the things I have heard. Good memories. You always find good pics...and then some like this one...excellent pics to add some spice now and then! Gratzi!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Thanks; kinda of hard to picture him as "god's gift to women" now...

...Hell, even then, for that matter.