News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

Quote from: jviera on 2019-11-20 13:47
hey guys pic 2624 was the side lot of Tasca Ford 777 Taunton Ave. E Prov. Just started work there late 1967. JViera

John is correct:

"It's 1967 on the side lot of Tasca Ford at 777 Taunton Avenue in East Providence, Rhode Island. At least 16 Shelby G.T. 500's and G.T. 350's were just sitting there, collecting dust. They also collected the graffiti of the local punks who were obviously not Ford fans (see the ''Ford Sucks, Buy a Chevy'' painted on the one in the foreground). As for the cars, the ones in the far row seem to be G.T. 500s, and the near ones, G.T. 350's. Barely visible you make out another line of signature spoilers and Cougar taillights on the left side of the bushes. Also hard to see in print, but apparent to us in a high-resolution scan, is the poor fit of some of the fiberglass noses. These cars seem to be fresh stock, as the dealer-added Le Mans stripes are absent. It has the midyear, widespread high beams that are consistent with the timing of the photo (rather than the early ones that are set close together in the center of the grille).
We especially like the bargain basement sign visible at top left, pointing to the cars."

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

One has to wonder...as the punks grew up (and supposedly smater) how many of them now or have owned Shelbys?   ;)
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-11-19 12:11
Jay, utilizing a inflation calculator, this is what it would cost you in today's dollars:
Here's the link to that inflation calculator.
https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-11-18 15:53
I have two now...but if I could get them at those prices...I'd gladly take 2 more! Currently that little power maker set-up is going for between $3750 & $5k. SWEET!
Guy up in 'Wasiilly' has been trying to sell this 3 deuce manifold for quite a while. $1200.
"1961 - 63 Ford Thunderbird, M Code FE, Low Riser, Dual Plane, Tri-Power aluminum Intake Manifold, in very good to excellent condition and ready to bolt on. Will fit on 352, 390, 406, 410, 427, and 428 big-block FE big block engines. This manifold does not have the stepped carbs that were used on early '60's Galaxies which had an inclined engine."
https://anchorage.craigslist.org/pts/d/wasilla-ford-big-block-tri-power-intake/7018722987.html

mustang6984

So that one must be one of the ones that came from a T-Bird. I will be using the ones I have, since they have the canted angle. if I had been able to get my hands on the T-Bird I saw on 101 before it sold...I would be grabbing that bad puppy! That is a good price. I saw a rebuild place that sells them intact and ready to go for $3750.

I am so broke now I walk crooked! LOL!!! Thanks for the line though...I'm going to go look at it...maybe someone else I know will want it.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-11-20 19:47
So that one must be one of the ones that came from a T-Bird.
That's what it says.

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-11-20 19:47
That is a good price. I saw a rebuild place that sells them intact and ready to go for $3750.
Remember, this is the manifold only.

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-11-20 21:42
That's what it says.
Remember, this is the manifold only.

Right...I looked at the ad. And even though it is without the carbs that is still a good price. He has most everything else. But not being a stepped manifold I wouldn't be able to use it. Wish I had score that T-Bird. Had a straight as an arrow body after over 50 years. Appeared to have been really well cared for.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

MOON equipped
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

alvin stadel

not sure but it looks like her head lights are on.

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

You guys really need to watch this, especially around the 4 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=379&v=u7r_uaa0puM&feature=emb_logo

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-11-21 21:00
You guys really need to watch this, especially around the 4 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=379&v=u7r_uaa0puM&feature=emb_logo

There are an awful lot of viable street rods in that place.  :burnout:
So many projects...so little time and money!
I should stop there my next trip to Branson...oh...wait...it's winter time! Scratch that!

Thanks Joe!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Nice ! I want all those T roadsters so I can build one in each style I am dreaming off  :003:
One with a flathead, candy red paint and whitewall tires, another one all black with a flathead on blackwalls. One with a Y block and a 2x4 and another one with an F code and Rader mag wheels. then if some were left I'd have to build another one with a 289/4spd, Redline tires and Buick wire wheels.....haha...now I feel a little like Jeff Norwell. Only he does it all with REAL 57 Fords... :002: :003:

On a sidenote the video looks quite dated and I doubt that all of those cars are still there...?

mustang6984

I will try and go there when spring or summer hits on one of my trips to Branson as I am moving across the country. I will let ya know! Then you can arrange for shipping! LOL!!!
Off to bed now...it is nearly 3 a.m. here..and I have a long day tomorrow. Keep dreamin'! It's tax free LOL!!!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker