News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

Those # 2760 pictures of the black 60 Fords look beautiful.  I especially like them without the hubcaps.  Seems like the 60 Fords have
mostly vanished from the face of the earth. 

CobraJoe

El Trendero - 1957 Ford Ranchero - Dave Puhl
It was between 1961 and 1962 that Dave Puhl and John Malik of Trend Custom Shop (Lyons - Illinois) made this radical kustom from a 1957 Ford Ranchero by the name of Trendero.  The single front face consists at the bottom of a cavity borrowed from a 1959 Thunderbird and integrated on the front of the body of the pick up extending the car forward by 6 inches. The 4 headlights borrowed from Harley Davidson motorcycles are set back from the advanced Thunderbird, integrating into particularly original tubular cavities. Tubes are placed on the front fenders above the wheels, from which horizontal antennas come out, which add another space dimension to the car.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

mustang6984

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2019-12-16 15:41
Those # 2760 pictures of the black 60 Fords look beautiful.  I especially like them without the hubcaps.  Seems like the 60 Fords have
mostly vanished from the face of the earth.

There does indeed seem to be a vacuum when it comes to those. Sadly. I have some fond memories of those cars...even though my father was not one to buy the quality Fords...instead buying ones that constantly were known as members of the Gotta Mechanic Comin' family.
My love of Fords began with the Mustang...which came out when I was 11...and has been a disease since I never want to recover from.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

The Trendero is wild, Joe. it still survives in original paint ! Its not beautiful imho, but interesting.

Jay, the 60 Fords are another sweet design, but.... they do rust even worse than 57s and 58s.... Baumis neighbor and friend Martin (Schrauberlehrling) has a 60 wagon and welding work has been going on for 5 yrs....neverending story #375.....it was a lot worse than my Del Rio. they replaced all B , C and D posts and all rain gutters. of course all floors....ouch !

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-16 17:13

My love of Fords began with the Mustang...which came out when I was 11...and has been a disease since I never want to recover from.

Me too, especially the R Codes and the Fastbacks...

Mr. Andretti:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

Nice pics Joe! Mario was one of my favorites growing up.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

when I was 18 and taking the bus to tech school, everyday, there was a local classic car dealer and they had a black 68 or 69 (?) fastback on display. I kept watching that pony go bye every morning and afternoon. that was a milestone for me. it sure left me with a decision. haven't owned a Mustang yet, but driven and worked on some and rode shotgun. My friend Sascha has inherited his fathers 70 Mach-I that he brought back from working overseas in Canada back then. Many stories are connected to that car. even listening to Chuck Berry's 'Mustang Ford' while chasing wild rabbits in a field....well....ahem....youth.... :002:

djfordmanjack

this is a way too much underrated song by Chuck B. 'My Mustang Ford'.
Berry at his best guitar playing and some sweet and innocent lyrics. just an awesome pure RocknRoll song dedicated to one of the most beautiful cars ever ! love to play this whenever I'm out in the 57 and 34 !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fy5VlUTgFI

Tom S

Was slightly surprised to see a 1955 Ford show up in this vid about the 1955 Belgian Grand Prix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7exBtOgys7I

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-12-16 03:27
... Do you know Pearl Frush ? She was a female artist form the 1940s/50s and her style is just so much better than any male artist could ever envision the character of a sweet girl.
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.  :002:
And no, I don't feel this way about women at all.
I luvs 'em!  :055: :icon_queen:

CobraJoe

CobraJoe

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-12-16 18:13
when I was 18 and taking the bus to tech school, everyday, there was a local classic car dealer and they had a black 68 or 69 (?) fastback on display. I kept watching that pony go bye every morning and afternoon. that was a milestone for me. it sure left me with a decision. haven't owned a Mustang yet, but driven and worked on some and rode shotgun. My friend Sascha has inherited his fathers 70 Mach-I that he brought back from working overseas in Canada back then. Many stories are connected to that car. even listening to Chuck Berry's 'Mustang Ford' while chasing wild rabbits in a field....well....ahem....youth.... :002:

Were they called Mustangs, or did they go under the T-5 name in Austria too?

djfordmanjack

They were sold as T-5s over here as well. There was some other German Company holding the name Mustang, I believe for light motorcycles. My friend's ( and his fathers's) 70 Mach-I of course is a regular Mustang, since he imported it from Canada in 1972 or so.
If you guys are interested, I have an original copy of the Austrian equivalent of Motortrend from '64 or '65 introducing the T-5. that might be some interesting trivia for Mustang fans, although it is written in German of course. I could take scans of it during holidays.

djfordmanjack

here is something interesting Joe, original Austrian title/ registration papers ( they included a pic of actual car). what's interesting is, that this apears to be a privately imported car, as it has the Mustang badges and is also titled as a Ford Mustang. also a 289 ( 4.7Litre) with 4spd manual.

djfordmanjack

haha, Tom, well you never know.... :003:
with all the many cool pics posted lately, your private family pics nearly went unnoticed, great pic of the 55 ( was that a parklane wagon ?) at Cannon Rock Beach

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-12-17 00:03
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist.  :002:
And no, I don't feel this way about women at all.
I luvs 'em!  :055: :icon_queen: