News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Can't remember the last time I saw a ring-necked pheasant.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-12-18 10:52
Tom...go to http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=6415.0 and then to page 5.  :003:
Thanks! Yeah, you added a ton of beef to that frame.

mustang6984

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-12-18 23:18
Thanks! Yeah, you added a ton of beef to that frame.

Yea...I was looking for more stiffness and to keep the body lean as close to non-existent as possible. Less twist when I hammer that 390/tri-power.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hemidave

'55
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

FiveSevenLiter

One of my favourites.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

rmk57

Licence plate tells it all.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

'60
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-12-20 04:58

The way they wound up it kinda looks like someone from Midnight Auto Supply swiped the front of one and most of the back of the other to make their own car.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

LOL, true.

It was at Le Mans in 1967:
"This was one of the biggest accidents of Mario Andretti's long career. On arrival in the Esses, he hit the brakes and they failed. The steering wheel was wrenched out of his hands and he hammered the outer bank with such force that the engine broke loose. He was able to get out and clamber up the wall, before collapsing on the grass there. Cue Roger McCluskey (Mario's Ford Teammate). He hit the wall deliberately; otherwise he would have struck Andretti's car, and he assumed (wrongly) that its driver was still inside. Jo Schlesser (another Teammate) then arrived amid the debris at full chat, and aimed for a gap between the two wrecks that wasn't there. Both McCluskey and Schlesser emerged from their cars unhurt. Not so Andretti: his shoulder harness had broken three of his ribs and badly bruised his whole torso. Ford had set up its own surgically equipped medical center in the Paddock and had instructed its drivers on no account to allow themselves to be taken to the local hospital. When Andretti, shouting in agony, was carried to the ambulance, he refused to get in. An argument ensued. McCluskey resolved it by going to the front of the ambulance, grabbing the ignition key, and hurling it as far as he could into the woods. Then the big man picked up his Teammate, slung him over his shoulder, and crossed the track. He found a marshal who had a Peugeot estate car, and commandeered it."

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-12-20 16:51
LOL, true.

It was at Le Mans in 1963:
"This was one of the biggest accidents of Mario Andretti's long career. On arrival in the Esses, he hit the brakes and they failed. The steering wheel was wrenched out of his hands and he hammered the outer bank with such force that the engine broke loose. He was able to get out and clamber up the wall, before collapsing on the grass there. Cue Roger McCluskey (Mario's Ford Teammate). He hit the wall deliberately; otherwise he would have struck Andretti's car, and he assumed (wrongly) that its driver was still inside. Jo Schlesser (another Teammate) then arrived amid the debris at full chat, and aimed for a gap between the two wrecks that wasn't there. Both McCluskey and Schlesser emerged from their cars unhurt. Not so Andretti: his shoulder harness had broken three of his ribs and badly bruised his whole torso. Ford had set up its own surgically equipped medical center in the Paddock and had instructed its drivers on no account to allow themselves to be taken to the local hospital. When Andretti, shouting in agony, was carried to the ambulance, he refused to get in. An argument ensued. McCluskey resolved it by going to the front of the ambulance, grabbing the ignition key, and hurling it as far as he could into the woods. Then the big man picked up his Teammate, slung him over his shoulder, and crossed the track. He found a marshal who had a Peugeot estate car, and commandeered it."

WOW! No faith in the French medical system. I have to bet that hurt like hell though being tossed over his teammate's shoulder and carried to the infield! Hope they had some 90 proof pain killer there! LOL!!!  :pain10:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Would you?  :003:

Sorry, typo on my part, should have been 1967.
More pics:

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-12-20 17:44
Would you?  :003:

Sorry, typo on my part, should have been 1967.
More pics:

Nope...only thing French I trust is food and wine. The rest...is...well...French. aka sloppy. (I live within eyesight of Canada...BC...and they aren't all that fond of them either.)

Those cars were just hammered! Amazing the drivers weren't being hauled off in black bags with zippers! Goes to the quality of the frame builds! Amazing!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

From your neck of the woods....