News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

hemidave

Bell Telephone
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-12-21 06:17
From your neck of the woods....

SWEET! Wonder if that was at the old SIR (Seattle International Raceway) now known as Pacific Raceway? Nice shot!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Mission Raceway Park, also known as MRP, is an auto racing facility located in Mission, British Columbia, Canada. The facility features a - mile NHRA-sanctioned dragstrip, a 2 km 9-turn road course, and a 3 km motocross track.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

Too Phuckin Cool....

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2019-12-21 17:05
Mission Raceway Park, also known as MRP, is an auto racing facility located in Mission, British Columbia, Canada. The facility features a - mile NHRA-sanctioned dragstrip, a 2 km 9-turn road course, and a 3 km motocross track.

Ah...okay. Thanks. Haven't been there. Pacific Raceway has a road course as well...but not as many turns. There is another course down in Shelton WA that has a pretty snappy road course I am told...but I've not been there.
That is too cool! Wouldn't want to crack that open for a drink though! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

FiveSevenLiter

OK, here is your history lesson for the day. 
This picture was taken at Mission Raceway in Mission City, British Columbia.  It was a N.H.R.A. sanctioned track and if memory serves me right, Top Fuel and Funny Car National Records were set here.  It was closed down for the development of a Fiberglas factory and the British Columbia Custom Car Association agreed to move it about a mile away.  Once they were out of there the provincial government screwed them over and we did not have a track for years.  By the time Mission Raceway Park was built the town shortened its name to Mission.  I worked at the track as a kid and remember the hype when the Gunfighter would come to town.  My brother-in-law ran a 289/271 Horsepower 1965 Comet, then moved to a single front engine dragster, twin engine dragster and then an injected Hemi rail.  My Mom would let racers leave there cars in our driveway so we began a hangout when that happened.  One day my brother and I had to leave the track and hitchhike to Abbotsford, a big Chrysler station wagon with an enclosed trailer stopped to pick us up.  I asked who won the race today and the driver said "I did".  It was Ed 'the Ace" McCulloch.  I met him again this year and shared the story, he made me tell his wife to proof he was a good guy.  What a great time it was.  With Ed was Top Fuel driver Herm Petersen and Steve Gibbs from N.H.R.A.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2019-12-21 19:51
OK, here is your history lesson for the day. 
I met him again this year and shared the story, he made me tell his wife to proof he was a good guy.  What a great time it was.  With Ed was Top Fuel driver Herm Petersen and Steve Gibbs from N.H.R.A.

Who says history isn't cool? Great story! Thanks for the share!   :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Have to wonder...those kids now being grown men...are they lusting after the car their dad probably sold before they were old enough to lay claim to it? Great pic!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hemidave

Nice '55
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

hemidave

First look

gasman826

anyone have that blower setup lying around?

RICH MUISE

Neat pics. but beyond the cars.....classic modern house design from the 60's, and that guy on Popular Science must be about 6'6"!
Hugh, those kids are not only grown, their kids are gettin' old! Actual mag wheels on the blown setup! 427 ? Any idea what the body on that is.....looks like maybe a Mustang fastback?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Pretty sure it's "Ohio George" Montgomery. 1967 Mustang ran in AA/Gas with the supercharged 427 SOHC then swapped over to a twin turbo Boss 429 and still dominated the class.
The wheels must be Halibrands, magnesium.  As far as the supercharger setup, give them a call, their still in business rebuilding race engines, mostly Fords I would think.

Heres a crappy picture I took of it in around 1970 when I was around 12-13 years old?

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429