News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

The dealer in Oakland wouls have regretted that "life time guarantee" had I bought a car from him. I still have my 2nd, 3rd, 7th 9th and several other cars. First was stolen, along with the 4th. Neither was ever recovered...or I'd have them too. Especially the 4th...it was a '57 2-door sedan.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

Lee, MA
'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

Ecode70D

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-04-12 19:12
The dealer in Oakland wouls have regretted that "life time guarantee" had I bought a car from him. I still have my 2nd, 3rd, 7th 9th and several other cars. First was stolen, along with the 4th. Neither was ever recovered...or I'd have them too. Especially the 4th...it was a '57 2-door sedan.

Mustang6984
      Just curious ...   How old was #4, the 57 2 door  sedan when it got stolen?  Was it still a relatively new car?
It was very painful reading that.  IMHO, old car thieves should be placed in a locked room filled with the owner and his friends and relatives, before they go to jail.
Jay

Ecode70D

Joe
    Are you still going into that place every day to work ?
    While food shopping last week, I saw the guy that counts the cars at the Friday night cruise in Halifax. He told me that Ralph Smith cancelled it indefinitely.
     I have not heard from Great Woods flea market this year and assume that it is cancelled also.  I was thinking about not going anyways.
     It's best to shelter in place at home.
     When we can get out, I would like to come and see your new car.  Were you able to get high insurance without an appraisal?

Stay in touch.
Jay

mustang6984

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2020-04-13 08:33
      Mustang6984
      Just curious ...   How old was #4, the 57 2 door  sedan when it got stolen?  Was it still a relatively new car?
It was very painful reading that.  IMHO, old car thieves should be placed in a locked room filled with the owner and his friends and relatives, before they go to jail.
Jay

It was about 18-19 years old. I searched junk yards and all over for 6 months and never saw it. The stolen report is still out there...but I doubt it will ever surface now. But every time I see a story about someone's stolen car showing up 20-25 years later...I think of that car.

I agree...to me a car is no different than a horse back in the 1800's. Steal a horse then...and you got to "hang around" for awhile longer than you might have planned.
Hugh
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

Hugh
    I hope that you still have the title and paperwork on your 57, especially the stolen vehicle report..  If it ever shows up, it is still your car.  I have even heard of a stolen car getting a real expensive restoration. The owner got it back all restored many years later.

That's correct in the old days when someone stole a horse, they did get to "hang around longer than they planned."
They need that.
Jay

mustang6984

LOL!!! I do still have the title. My wife will tell you I NEVER toss anything!  :003: and I was a cop so I know how important that can be too.

I think there was a story a couple of years ago maybe more) about a guy who got a Mustang back that had been restored and was then recovered. Felt sorry for the guy who lost the car...as he was a few owners past the idiot who stole it. I have seen a few Corvettes the same way.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

It's very possible that we are both talking about the same car but it was some time ago and the details are kinda fuzzy.  I'm retired law enforcement also.   

mustang6984

Mine was on the west coast...in Olympia. Who knows where it is now.  <sigh> Was a perfect body...so straight...blue and white...I miss that car.  :sad10:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Jay, yes I am still at the jail, but on a bright note, they are giving us hazardous pay.   :002:
I was out in the '39 yesterday, and we made it out to Middleboro and I  came close to going by yor house, but my wife told me not to' especially with your wife's health issues.  bawl
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

CobraJoe

mustang6984

Twin Flatheads? Oh be still my beating heart! Just made my day!   :burnout:

My wet dream is to buy one of those '34 Factory Five coupes and put a flathead in it!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-04-13 17:00
Twin Flatheads? Oh be still my beating heart! Just made my day!   :burnout:

My wet dream is to buy one of those '34 Factory Five coupes and put a flathead in it!  :003:

Let me know when you are ready. Dave Smith is a good friend of mine..... :004:

mustang6984

Will do. I need to get moved...soon. I am going crazy with this 2-household thing...and get my Courier finished. I went to his school back in '06. Was a great experience. Cannot say enough good things about that experience. Top drawer operation from Friday to Sunday. Still get his e-mails...read them as soon as I get them. Impressive fellow.
My hope is to build one...then get on his list of builders and build one or two a winter for others who want one, but are not mechanically inclined or haven't the time. Wishes...a good thing to have ya' know?! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker