News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Old Ford pics

Started by CobraJoe, 2018-06-05 19:29

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

I've done the Ford and the Rouge Plant Tour several times.  Very enjoyable and well worth the effort!

rmk57

I always wanted to see the quarter panel stamping process on something like a 1958 Lincoln. It would be interesting to see how many steps it would take to get it to a finished piece.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

gasman826

The first time on the Rouge Plant tour, I was a little disappointed because I had preconceived ideas of blast furnaces and the bowls of the Rouge from the '50s.  The tour is really good and worth the time and money but it is the modern F-series assembly plant part of the Rouge.  It is accessible, clean, and at your own pace above the assembly floor.  I've spent the morning at the Rouge, catch a shuttle back to the Ford for lunch and then wander around the Ford and/or Greenfield Village with the proving ground right next door.

FiveSevenLiter

I was surprised when I toured the Rouge how all the staff was wearing street clothes, no coveralls or uniforms.
Touring the Kenworth factory they told us that if they had a 100 truck order of identical trucks they would always put a few odd ones in between so the assemblers did not get complacent.
I also missed the blast furnaces and the monster presses, I expected noise, smell, chest thumping, floor shaking excitment.
T
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

jviera

gasman, I also found the Model T plant on Piquette Ave. to be inspiring, there is something about being in that place, you can feel the history that went on there, and it's mostly all original, like Henry's office and desk plus everything else. A must see if in that area for a Ford fan. JViera 

CobraJoe

Freddie Meier team car to South FL driver Marty Handshaw - 1958

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hemidave

'32 Ford roadster/49 Merc flathead, '39 Ford conv, '54 Ford sedan,  '56 Sunliner AC PW, '57 "F" Sunliner, '66 Fairlane 390 4spd conv, '76 F150 390 C6 plow truck.

rmk57

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-01-30 06:57

What's the story on the Mustang? Looks a little customized.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

CobraJoe

Quote from: rmk57 on 2021-01-30 12:36

What's the story on the Mustang? Looks a little customized.

July 1968 - Al Grillo (left) poses with Playmate, Michelle Hamilton and Ed Casey, Shelby's regional representative. Grillo was always well dressed and rarely wore the same clothes twice. He often chomped on a big cigar, but rarely smoked.

Grillo Ford was located at 220 South Common Street in Lynn, Massachusetts. It's hard to believe that Grillo was in business for less than two years. Grillo purchased Nel-Nick Motors in early 1967. The dealership was always full of high performance vehicles. They sold 427 Cobra roadsters, a street GT40 and dozens of Shelbys. A handful of Shelbys were sold during the summer of 1967. They also did some customization work. It was rumored they would build anything for anyone. Several of Grillo's custom jobs found their way to North Carolina, reportedly to be used by "moonshiners".

CobraJoe

Carroll Shelby, Grillo and Casey pose for a picture beside a new 1968 Shelby. Grillo was the consumate salesman. He was very well read and liked to strike up a conversation.

In 1969, the dealership was closed by Ford. Grillo owed the Ford Motor Company a considerable sum of money. Records indicate Grillo never sold a single 1969 Shelby. Most of Grillo's stock was transfered to Lynn Ford and the assets of the business were sold to Yaz Ford. Yaz Ford was owned by Boston Red Sox baseball player, Carl Yastrzemski. The remaining cars in inventory were transfered to other dealerships

CobraJoe

hemidave

hemidave