News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Let me see if I can sort this out for everyone.  The two piece caps that were mentioned above, were not the turbine but the 1955-56 simulated wire wheel caps.  They used the poverty caps (red center in 55, white center in 56) then there was a simulated wire wheel cap that was held on with spring clips.  They were an option on the Thunderbird or passenger car.  They are also for the 15" wheels used prior to 1957.

The Turbine wheel cover was the cap you would received stock on your 1957 Thunderbird if you ordered it with full wheel covers.  The star burst cap was the cap you would have on your 1957 Ford passenger car is your ordered it with full wheel covers.  The turbine was available for the 1957 passenger models as an over the counter purchase.
SMS Auto Upholstery will send samples for free.  They are very slow in getting the items to you once you buy, but for many patterns, they are the only game in town. 
Thanks Lynn. Those are helpful. There are definitely easier ways to redo the interior, but the rest of the car has a very original look and I want to carry that through with the interior.
I also managed to dig up a couple of pics online from auction sites of a couple of cars that still had original style interiors. The worst part is most search engines these days are geared toward separating you from your money, instead of just presenting you with the information you're looking for.
Hopefully this will give my upholsterer enough info to go on.
General Discussion / Re: Morning coffee
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 10:17
Quote from: mustang6984 on Today at 00:22Facebook has him listed as a top contributor...so maybe not.
The mod found it and reposted it.  I do t think he is the seller.  But in a way might be vouching for it.
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 10:16
Climbing the heavy duty incline. 
Last post by abe_lugo - Today at 10:15
Here are some.  From my wife's company instagram account. Finckyfox will will be vending at the WesternSwingout today
Last post by djfordmanjack - Today at 04:47
Nice 57s ! The 4dr Fairlane Club sedan is a particularly good looking body style.
Last post by mustang6984 - Today at 00:22
Quote from: RICH MUISE on Yesterday at 16:21In my mind, it has to be a scam. Just my 2 cents.

Facebook has him listed as a top contributor...so maybe not.
Wanted / Re: grille in good shape [no r...
Last post by incahoots - Yesterday at 21:15
I have three all different condition from perfect triple plate rechromed show grill to very nice to daily driver
PM me for pics an prices.
Last post by abe_lugo - Yesterday at 20:46
Went to west coast Kustoms cruising nationals in Santa Maria.
Only a few 57's
Took the wagon.  We left and headed to Tehachapi this afternoon. 
Another show in the morning at the Western Swingout