News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

Thinking it's time to come back with a few nice tunes. seeing that we now have a direct video link button. :001:

Whether or not you may like country, this guy has its own class. Don Rich of the Buckaroos ( Buck Owens').
Beautiful music!  :002:

djfordmanjack

and Sweden's Finest, unplugged. Was very lucky to see them live this summer. From their neat outfits right down to the brilliant steel guitar and spot on accent, an unforgettable experience for sure. These guys live their music, probably as close as you can get to 1964 Nashville anywhere today....  :003:

RICH MUISE

Gotta get my earphones recharged and listen to those, DJ. Thanks
Gas got down to 2.94 yesterday. Talking to a guy a few weeks ago who works for a refinery not too far from here, he told me the almost 2$ a gallon higher for diesel is here to stay because of EPA new requirements for diesel. He told me gas and diesel starts with the same basic raw material, but it used to be diesel was skimmed off the top first, now it takes 5 days longer to process the diesel than gasoline, plus new additives required. Something you diesel guys may want to think about on your next vehicle.
It's been down into the twenties overnight here for the past 2 or 3 weeks.....I hate it. Going up to Red River, NM for 3 days at Thanksgiving. My niece rented a mountain chalet for 6 of us up in the mountains......gonna be fun if my breathing doesn't kill me, lol. The altitude there is 8750 ft!

I'm going in for some minor surgery ....triple hernia. My doctor (cute 30 year old female, love it!!!!)who is taking care of my COPD diagnosed the hernias and sent me to their surgeon, My blood pressure was elevated, so they had to get that back down before they'd schedule the surgery, but all is good now, and I'm scheduled for dec. 1 surgery. I mention this because I know a lot of you guys are in the same age group, and probably dealing with Medicare / insurance issues. Other than my prostate false alarm last year, I've never really seen a doctor who I could call "my doctor". I had a choice of where to go when I started having these new issues, and I chose Texas Tech school of medicine. That's where the doctor I now call "mine", and the surgeon are at. I absolutely love the extra attention I get there..first class all the way.......For example, last week I spent more than an hour with their pharmaceutical department going over my medicines, discussing possible side effects, and scheduling me for tests to insure these potential side effects are non-existant. The VA has NEVER done that for my wife. Connie is in process of signing up for medicare, so she can have the option of NOT using the VA. Covid really decimated the local VA staff here. Her primary care has really taken a dive in the past year. Anyways, a high five from me for TEXAS TECH, and if any of the Texas guys here have the option, I'd sure go for it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

I'm glad you found good health care. I go to an office that trains/works with Residents.  I get great attention and great care.  I started seeing my MD while she was finishing her residency.  I only go to the VA once or twice a year just to keep my name on the list so I can get my prescriptions filled there.
Terry

lalessi1

Guenter, REALLY enjoyed the videos. Thanks! Rich, good luck on your surgery... My wife and I are with Humana, my only issue with healthcare is they drive me crazy with phone calls.
Lynn

CobraJoe

Best of luck tomorrow Rich
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Surgery is next week. We had to cancel our trip to Red River. My niece came down with a bad flu, and a day or so later, her partner did as well. with the surgery coming up, I couldn't take a chance on catching something. My niece went anyway, sick or not, because the 1k rental fee was non-refundable. Bummed out, and the fact she just called to tell us they arrived and the place is absolutely beautiful, didn't help much!!

Jeff Norwell

Rich.... good luck on the Surgery.

Its been a while since my wife and I travelled anywhere.... so we made plans to spend Thanksgiving in the Boston area with our best friends Chuck n Kim.
We spent a week touring and eating...  and of course. I had to see the infamous Jay Arrow!
Spent a near full day with Jay and of course.... White Lighting!.
This day was the high light of my trip.... It's been over 10 years since we have seen each other.
We chatted, drank coffee, and drove around his town.I even got to handle WL!. Jay's car is my favourite.The entire day was just a pleasure.
Jay took Chuck and myself to Savery Ave, Americas first divided Hiway... learned and saw a great many things that day.
We had a Spectacular visit...... I just need to find a way to get that Norwell sign.....

Thanks Jay for the Hospitality.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

More pics.....

1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

mustang6984

Sometimes you can contact a city and they will sell you a sign of theirs if you ask. The city of Mustang OK was losing so many of their street signs from Mustang Rd. that they started to just make them and sell them. Can't hurt to ask.   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Marc

Hope all goes well with your surgery Rich.
Guenter, thanks for posting those videos. Great stuff!

That white lightning is one beautiful '57.

RICH MUISE

Freakin' awesome!!! Jay, your car looks great. That must have been a really fun day for both of you. No time better spent than meeting with forum friends, unless, of course, they're better looking than you guys, lol.
Thanks for posting the pics, Jeff.
Hugh, I actually did a car show in Mustang, OK earlier this year, and was on Mustang Rd!

FiveSevenLiter

Jeff,
I told the White Witch that you were cheating on her with an east coast cousin.  Not happy, so I took her out for a blast before our first snow fall hits today.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

Jeff Norwell

Snow Chains and my cheating Heart
Ha ha