News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Yea...I got it just the one time. Have checked back i  3 times since and no longer see it. Technology...<sigh>...
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

My computer has been telling me that this site is not "secure" for a while. Today it wouldn't let me get on until I told it to do it anyway. I think the "certificate" expired today....
Lynn

RICH MUISE

James took care of it this afternoon. Our "certificate" expired, he renewed and set up for automatic renwals in the future.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Today on a drive around town
Him: Is that a '55?
Me: No, it's a '57.
Him: yeah, I thought so.

Marc

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-01-22 17:36Today on a drive around town
Him: Is that a '55?
Me: No, it's a '57.
Him: yeah, I thought so.

Priceless. Was it followed by "I had one just like it, except it was a '63, and a pickup truck"?

RICH MUISE

Many years ago, I got that one also, at least similar. When I picked up my newly purchased '57 from my mother-in-law in Oklahoma, I stopped at a gas station. It was on a trailer. A guy came up to me and said "I had one just like it years ago. What is it?"

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-01-23 09:34Many years ago, I got that one also, at least similar. When I picked up my newly purchased '57 from my mother-in-law in Oklahoma, I stopped at a gas station. It was on a trailer. A guy came up to me and said "I had one just like it years ago. What is it?"

HA HA HA 
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

FiveSevenLiter

I have been known of twisting a few people over the years.  Had a lady looking at mine and she had toured a collection of cars the day before and she was an expert.  I heard her describing items on the car next to me and she was clueless.  When she asked what mine was I told her it was a Dusseldorf and she said she had seen one recently.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

"Here's yer sign"!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Signed a contract today to sell our second house (avatar pic). Should close in 3-4 weeks. If all goes as planned, I'm gonna have one hell of a summer full of roadtrips and car shows, costs be dammed!! Maybe even another trip to Florida.

lalessi1

Lynn

Fairlane62

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-02-09 17:59Signed a contract today to sell our second house (avatar pic). Should close in 3-4 weeks. If all goes as planned, I'm gonna have one hell of a summer full of roadtrips and car shows, costs be dammed!! Maybe even another trip to Florida.
That's great.  Do you have to move anything or is it empty?

RICH MUISE

It's been a rental since we bought our built-in-1957 bigger house 6 years ago. Same tenant/friend. He had planned on buying it, but instead, he and his girlfriend/mom of his 2 kids are buying her late grandmother's house. He hooked us up with a friend of his who buys and fixes up houses. It needs a new main sewer line out to the street @ $12,000, so we were happy to sell it before having to do that. No brokers, no closing costs for us.
Yes we have tons of stuff still there in the attic and in the 18 x 36 shed. Gonna be a crazy month or two. Glad to get away from that part of town. It's in the San Jacinto historical area, just 2 blocks off old rt. 66 tourist area.

djfordmanjack

Great to know that things like this are still possible !

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-02-11 08:28No brokers, no closing costs for us.

I also bought my house from the orginal builders daughter, hand to hand, without a single cent paid to a broker or company (except for the $30 fee to receive the owners/sellers telephone number and actually getting in touch with her by dialing an actual number... :003: ). that was back in 2000. Where have these times gone ?

Fairlane62

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-02-11 08:28It's been a rental since we bought our built-in-1957 bigger house 6 years ago. Same tenant/friend. He had planned on buying it, but instead, he and his girlfriend/mom of his 2 kids are buying her late grandmother's house. He hooked us up with a friend of his who buys and fixes up houses. It needs a new main sewer line out to the street @ $12,000, so we were happy to sell it before having to do that. No brokers, no closing costs for us.
Yes we have tons of stuff still there in the attic and in the 18 x 36 shed. Gonna be a crazy month or two. Glad to get away from that part of town. It's in the San Jacinto historical area, just 2 blocks off old rt. 66 tourist area.
The older I get, the more I hate moving stuff.