News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-03-11 20:17Check out Phil Collins' "something in the air". It's pretty cool. I normally don't like songs with too many repetitive lyrics, but it's an awesome  video.

Had a productive day today. I normally don't get crap done because of my COPD, but our water heater was getting ready to take a dump. My plumber quoted us 2100. !!! No freakin' way that was happening. got the old 50 gallon one pulled and the new one installed and working just great. About 6 hours, but I'm just glad I could still do it with no help, and saving 1200 was not bad either. Connie's nephew was standing by for a call if I needed him, but didn't. Yahoo. Jim, I'm sure you understand.

FYI..I am only 8 hours away you know...so if you need something...call...I can be on the road in about 30 minutes or so most days.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

I understand completely Rich. I lucked out two years ago when mine went out. My son has a friend in the plumbing supply business so he went and picked one up from him and helped install it in half the time it would have taken me alone. I can still do some of these things but it's a struggle.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Now the fun begins...we closed on the sale of our second home yesterday. Funds got wired to our bank today. Yayyy! However, we have a pretty full 18x36 storage shed there that needs emptying. Got a dumpster being delivered there tomorrow and a Uhaul truck reserved. My two nephews are bringing friends to help......I think about 6 young husky guys! My job will be directing where everything goes. Lots of old '57 parts there also, and Mark VIII body parts.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Lots of parts? Virtual garage sale coming up?  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Not a ton.few fenders, a driver's door, old steering box. I'll take inventory after I get it all over here.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

I may take a drive and peruse...
On another note...the engine for the Fairlane goes to the machine shop next week. The forward movement on that begins!
Will hope to start metal work on the body this next week or so. Moving forward!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

I had a "yard sale" of sorts myself.  I came to the realization that ground up builds were no longer in my capabilities.  Ran into a fellow at my paint store who loves old Fords.  We talked and he decided he couldn't live without the Retractable.  As it was being loaded up he asked about a bunch of "stuff" I had and bought it all.

My list of toys has changed due to several issues.  First with my wife's deteriorating health resulting in an increased attention to other chores to keep the house running took too much time.  No time left to give my toys the attention needed to keep them up.  So the Edsel and the Thunderbird were the first to go.  The yard sale was quite by accident but nearly finished the process.  The last was the 2008 Shelby GT500.  She could no longer ride due to back issues so I changed it out for an "old buggers" 2018 Lincoln MKZ.  No hard feelings, no down in the mouth talking, just the realities of a great run coming to an end.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Bill, I'm afraid there are more of us in the same situation. I'm having a hard time keeping up on my three. Many of my older friends are facing the same. And the time is going way to fast these days  :005:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Fairlane62

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2023-04-07 10:35Bill, I'm afraid there are more of us in the same situation. I'm having a hard time keeping up on my three. Many of my older friends are facing the same. And the time is going way to fast these days  :005:

Agreed.  I noticed a light fixture the other day that I was going to fix when we moved in our current house, and realized that was 17 years ago.

mustang6984

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2023-04-07 21:36Agreed.  I noticed a light fixture the other day that I was going to fix when we moved in our current house, and realized that was 17 years ago.

LOL!!! I did the same thing when we moved into the house in Port Angeles back in August of '05...there was this hump in the back yard...looked like a grave...rest of the yard was fairly flat. Always thought I would take that down and make it level...well...sold the house in '20...hump...still there. Maybe there is  body buried in it...we always wondered.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Sadly, ain't none of us getting any younger.
My dad used to tell me when I was a kid "Not to be in such a hurry to grow up", now I know why.   :-\
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Fairlane62

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2023-04-07 22:47LOL!!! I did the same thing when we moved into the house in Port Angeles back in August of '05...there was this hump in the back yard...looked like a grave...rest of the yard was fairly flat. Always thought I would take that down and make it level...well...sold the house in '20...hump...still there. Maybe there is  body buried in it...we always wondered.
Could have been a chest full of gold and jewels, but probably just Jimmy Hoffa. :002:

mustang6984

Quote from: Fairlane62 on 2023-04-08 22:27Could have been a chest full of gold and jewels, but probably just Jimmy Hoffa. :002:

I asked one of our local cops who was born and raised there about how things were back in the early 60's when people were still to be seen wearing guns in holsters tied down above the knees. (Port Angeles was a wild town back then I guess). Asked how many guys who continuously got sideways with law enforcement and couldn't catch a clue just "disappeared" between PA and Vancouver island He said there had been "more than a few" over the years who went out to "fish" and just never came back. So...since my home there had been around since '53...one has to wonder...LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

FiveSevenLiter

I am glad we stayed in Sequim on Tuesday.
T
:canada:PXL_20230404_161252669.jpg
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Did you eat a hamburger at the place below that building? They are pretty good!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker