News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

It is a defunct Mexican joint now. 
I did get to Bremerton where I found some information at the Library regarding the 1957 Seafair NASCAR race that was won by Parnelli Jones in his white 1957 Ford, his first NASCAR victory. 
Still have to do some homework on his Number 11, he usually drove #98.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

$4600 was pretty big money in '57.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2023-04-09 18:14$4600 was pretty big money in '57.

$4600 in 1957 is worth $49,247.83 in today's money. https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

mustang6984

Yea...but that $4600 in '57...would buy a decent house then...especially in Seattle. Today's $49k+...wouldn't even be a decent down payment. Sad...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

And it would buy 2 1/2 Customs!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Well, as talked about a few weeks ago, my '57 is not running all that great, but it's a beautiful day, I got my old house emptied out, there's a car show here, but I think I'm gonna take off in a few hours and head for Alburquerque.....Rio Rancho to be exact. Their annual Park-in-the-Park is tomorrow and it's a great 300 mile drive. I think (hope) the car will be alright, I just filled the tank and threw in a bottle of fuel injector cleaner, so with any luck, it'll be running better as I go along. I'm hoping to see Eric (chapingo17) at the show as that is his hometown.
Remember a few years ago when I had all that loose stuff on my front suspension? Well, I brought my car to my mechanic yesterday and had him go thru everything on the underside and suspension, alignment, and everything was just fine. It was a preventative medicine thing, I didn't think there were any similar issues, but wanted to make sure before I started hitting the road again.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

A safety inspection on suspension parts is always time or money well spent! These days you never know when a rubber bushing or hose may crumble to dust.... Have a safe trip, Rich ! Please bring some pics !

gasman826

Some of this rubber stuff is really questionable.  NOS rubber is too old and new rubber hasn't been the most reliable.  I just reinforced my new FE mounts for the '65.  Rubber may fail but mount won't come apart.

lalessi1

Quote from: gasman826 on 2023-04-14 17:14Some of this rubber stuff is really questionable.  NOS rubber is too old and new rubber hasn't been the most reliable.  I just reinforced my new FE mounts for the '65.  Rubber may fail but mount won't come apart.

Thanks to your suggestions a while back I did exactly that to my mounts after 2 failures in 3 years. No problems since.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Finally got my car running good again. While I was replacing spark plugs, and cleaning/checking fuel injectors, I found a broken vacuum line. My engine has 16 intake runners, but runs on 8 until the RPMs hit 3k, then the other 8 open up. The result of the broken line was at low RPMs, the engine was running on 4 runners one side, and 8 on the other. Too much air!!

mustang6984

So...basically...for a bit...your car was running like a politician...too much air...no substance!
Your post was the only one today so far...been like a graveyard in here of late.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Tomorrow I'm heading for Albuquerque. Saturday is the Rio Rancho "Park in the Park" car show. Eric (Chapingo17) emailed me saying he'll be there, so looking forward to seeing him again. I think there is a Friday night cruise in somewhere in Albur., so I'll try and find some info on that. Saturday is suppose to be 75*, so weather looks to be cooperating.
With some extra driving around the area, it will be about a 700+ mile weekend.  :burnout:

mustang6984

Sounds like fun. I...will be mowing lawn. LOL!!! Send some of those fun vibes my way!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

Rich, sounds like a fun trip.  The closest town to me with a grocery store is Elmore City, Oklahoma.  The movie "footloose" was patterned after evens that occurred in Elmore City regarding a prohibition on dancing.  So they now have an annual Foot loose festival with a small car show, lawn mower races, and street dancing.  So I might slip over there for an hour Saturday and see if there are any cars I haven't seen.  James

mustang6984

Gee James...next time we head over to OKC to see my wife's sis and cousin, I may have to take a road trip and come see you!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker