News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairlane62

Hugh, sounds good.  My junk is not nearly as nice as the other folks here.  There were about 50 cars at the show.  Mostly chebby cars and trucks, but there was a 63 Galaxies with original trip power 406 and 4 speed that was really nice, and a 52 F1 that had corvette C4 suspension with a 302 and AOD. 

RICH MUISE

Got back from my Rio Rancho, NM cars show/road trip last night. Mine was the only '57 in the show. Eric/Chapingo stopped by to say Hi, but his Fairlane was not in the show. Almost 300 cars, mine was #262 and I know many came in after me. I did get the "long Distance" plaque award, 313 miles,......beat out a guy from El Paso by 16 miles! Nice weather and tons a really nice cars. I had a lot of interest and great compliments, and it was good to see Eric again.
Well, my bad memory got me again. Very unlikely meet-up with a forum member, but unfortunately can't remember his name :005:, sorry. He is from Georgia and has two Customs, showed me pics of an absolutely gorgeous green one. So, yeah, met a member from Georgia in New Mexico!!!!! His company has him working in Santa Fe for 6 months.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Sounds lie you both had some fun! Would have liked to see that Galaxie with the 406 and tri-power.
Good thing the member from Georgia didn't have his car...or you would have lost out on that long distance award Rich!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Fairlane62

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2023-04-23 09:07Would have liked to see that Galaxie with the 406 and tri-power.
It was nice.  It was the burgundy color which really looks good on those cars.

mustang6984

That is a sweet color indeed! I think a trip to a car show in OKC may well be a necessity this summer..or somewhere near there. I can bring the Saleen over...since the 57 won't be ready probably until late July for a road trip...and even then...no paint probably.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Big show coming up in 2 weeks near you. The three day Stray Kat 500 in Dewey Oklahoma (NE corner). not generally our "type of cars", but I like everything, so Kustoms and hot rods are a-ok for me. Check Facebook. You'll see radical '57 Fords. NSRA in OKC is big....have to check the dates. I'm thinking about the Stray Kat show with the '57....410 miles each way.
Not sure, but the Saleen is probably too new for either.

mustang6984

Yea...an '88 Saleen is sorta new for that. Maybe the Chrysler...it's a '65 New Yorker...but not a rod by any means.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Thanks to Barry/BP57custom, we figured the name of the forum member I met in New Mexico is Dan Riker from Dallas, Georgia.

abe_lugo

Made it Las Vegas this afternoon.  Long drive 95 degree weather.  Had to use the truck lane in some inclines. Time for Viva Las Vegas

Also I added the Carpac rack and loaded it up. Actually the whole utility
 bed is full up. We are going to be vending on Sat. at the Carshow.
My wife started a vintage inspired clothing brand. We have loop collar shirts some western shirts and Hollywood style wool pants. All made in Los Angeles.  The brand is Finicky Fox Clothing

I saw there is about 5-6 57 Fords.  And some 59 and a 58 EDSEL on the registration list.  Will post pics!

67E7A827-7208-4C1C-A6EC-E277061A72A4.jpegB8914781-55B6-48D1-9DC7-8FF2F9CDFB22.jpeg3B86C551-934F-4995-ACBC-CA0C2D243530.jpeg   
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

DAMN! She looks good Abe! When Jaime and I come to town next spring to start our Route66 trip, you'll have to meet up with us...we can get a pic together of what ever he and I are driving (probably Mustangs) and your sweet ride!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I had no idea you were in an able-to-be-driving mode! Car looks great, awesome road trip car. Thanks for sharing. LA to Vegas....almost the same mileage as my trip to Albuquerque last weekend. I'd love to do the Viva Las Vegas show!!

CobraJoe

The car looks fantastic Abe! Glad to see you and the family enjoying the ride.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

abe_lugo

It's a bit over loaded hopefully we sells some stuff and weight less on the way home.
I saw a 57 Sunliner last night.  Didn't get pics.
This wagon was a driver from the get go.  But I only done a few long trips in the last year or so. 
I did the shocks and the trans could last weekend.  And it worked out well. 
Also got the clock working!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

djfordmanjack

That's what wagons were originally made for !!! carry a truck load full of things and some more.... :003:
 your Country Sedan is strikingly beautiful, Abe. Even more so out on the road !

Marc

Abe the wagon looks great! She's loaded up full too. Sounds like it was a fun trip.