News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

FiveSevenLiter

Got out three times this week, it sure enjoys that 94 Octane.
Terry
 :canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

rmk57

The majority of electric cars in B.C are charged by hydro electric power. Should be the same for Washington, Oregon, California also.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Tom S

If there actually was a law that all electric cars had to be charged by wind & solar I wouldn't be surprised to see much wider & faster developments to deliver electricity that's generated by wind, solar & even atomic power.

RICH MUISE

Tens of thousands of wind turbines in Texas...how about the rest of the country?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-05-21 16:44Tens of thousands of wind turbines in Texas...how about the rest of the country?

There are a lot in Idaho and in E. WA. some in MT as well as WY. CA has a bunch too.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

KYBlueOval

There are none in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. According to Mark Twain it will be 20 years before it happens here.

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens everywhere else"
Mark Twain

lalessi1

There are very few if any in Louisiana that I am aware of. We don't have a lot of open areas with relatively sustained winds except the marshlands.
Lynn

Ford Blue blood

I'd like to hear what the "warmers" have to say about an event that occurred ten thousand years ago?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

CobraJoe

Here on the East Coast, whales are dying at record numbers supposedly due to off shore wind farms. An average of 52 whales have died each year along the East coast since 2007. In 2022, 43 whale deaths were reported.
    Two local groups in New Jersey and New York raised questions in January about a potential link to the recent whale deaths and offshore wind activities. A group of 12 New Jersey mayors, who had not previously advocated for whales, made national news with a letter seeking a moratorium.
    The Right Whale population, which has plunged 30% since 2011, can't sustain itself if even one whale a year dies as the result of human causes, according to the federal Marine Mammal Commission. The figure is particularly alarming given the diminishing size of local whale populations. There are less than 350 North Atlantic right whales remaining.

"People look at a dead, 35-foot humpback whale, in Lido Beach, NY, Jan. 31, 2023. "

"First responders and a Monmouth County work crew load a dead whale onto the back of a flat bed truck to be hauled away from Whiting Avenue Beach, New Jersey." 
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

hiball3985

This is getting on the edge of political so I better not comment.  :burnout:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Yeah, I think I'll change the subject and post a pic in the "Random Picture Thread"   :003:

hiball3985

I had a road trip planned for Saturday but when I backed the Ranchero from the garage I noticed a big puddle of oil on the floor  :005: so that ended my plans. Jacket it up to look under and found the oil pressure switch leaking badly. Damn crap parts they make these days.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Fairlane62

We have a lot of wind turbines in Oklahoma.  They are heavily subsidized. A friend has some on his farm and they are set up on a 99 year lease program.  We had some bad freezing rain a couple years ago and the wind turbines froze up, as well as the solar farms, so folks have to be sure there is a contingency plan in place to provide power during adverse conditions.

mustang6984

What is hilarious about the 99 year lease...the windmills typically last between 4-7 years before they need to be replaced. Gonna be a lot of replacing going on over on the farm.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker