News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2023-05-22 10:44I had a road trip planned for Saturday but when I backed the Ranchero from the garage I noticed a big puddle of oil on the floor  :005: so that ended my plans. Jacket it up to look under and found the oil pressure switch leaking badly. Damn crap parts they make these days.

Yes, I went through 4 of them in a very short time. I did a lot of searching and found one that was slightly different, (the Bakelite top is a squared top cylinder). It hasn't leaked after a couple of years. Unfortunately I killed the brain cells that remembered where I found it. I will try to look again...

Try Rock Auto, Standard Motors Product PS10. It has a metal top and appears to have a gasket, { not what I have but it looks better).

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1957,custom,4.4l+272cid+v8,1435641,electrical-switch+&+relay,oil+pressure+sender+/+switch,4588
Lynn

hiball3985

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2023-05-23 07:20Yes, I went through 4 of them in a very short time. I did a lot of searching and found one that was slightly different, (the Bakelite top is a squared top cylinder). It hasn't leaked after a couple of years. Unfortunately I killed the brain cells that remembered where I found it. I will try to look again...

Try Rock Auto, Standard Motors Product PS10. It has a metal top and appears to have a gasket, { not what I have buy it looks better).

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1957,custom,4.4l+272cid+v8,1435641,electrical-switch+&+relay,oil+pressure+sender+/+switch,4588
Thanks Lynn, It was the black type PS10T that went bad. I bought the better PS10, it has a blue top yesterday at the auto parts store.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

How about some good ole C&W music ?

Certainly not everybody's taste but I come back to liking it again and again....
Just got back from a music festival in Croatia, and just another fantastic young roots music band showed up to everybody's surprise. The Rattlestrings from Italy just gathered from members of the Same Olde Shoes.
These boys are barely 30 yo, they have studied the old records well and I just can't believe how 'American' they sound. After all, these are still Italian guys.... :003:

They also played this old tune, and it brought a few tears to my eyes, really...

djfordmanjack

This year I did not bring my 57 CS, and I don't regret it ( it was way cheaper in my 95 Fiesta), but certainly  next year I want to drive there in my 57!

And here's a fantastic pure Rockabilly trio from Southern Germany. They play like the Memphis cat in '54. This is too good to be true imho. I haven't heard something like that in years or decades. Great guys to be around with as well.

djfordmanjack

What about a bit of Maple Leaf Rag ?  :canada:

These guys are fantastic. Can you believe it. This is 2023. I thought that music was lost to time forever in the home countries. It is so good to see a new young generation again performing the original style.

Jeff Norwell

Killer G!!!!!!
:canada:
The boys from Saskatchewan are killing it!... Love it!!!!!!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

rmk57

My late dad would have loved that! I love it, great stuff!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

FiveSevenLiter

You missed the boat Randy, he played in Penticton last night, coming through Abbotsford today to play at the Biltmore tonight.  I will be in Chilliwack or I would be there.
Terry
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

RICH MUISE

Getting ready to head up to Canyon City, Colorado for the weekend in the '57. I'm doing the Abbey car show there. I've been as a spectator, never as an entry. Looking forward to it. It's usually put aside in favor of the NSRA show in Pueblo (the following weekend this year), but heck, I may go up there two weekends in a row. This weekend, I'm gonna do a lot of mountain pass driving and avoid the freeway once I hit Colorado.  :003:
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Fairlane62

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2023-06-08 16:59Getting ready to head up to Canyon City, Colorado for the weekend in the '57. I'm doing the Abbey car show there. I've been as a spectator, never as an entry. Looking forward to it. It's usually put aside in favor of the NSRA show in Pueblo (the following weekend this year), but heck, I may go up there two weekends in a row. This weekend, I'm gonna do a lot of mountain pass driving and avoid the freeway once I hit Colorado.  :003:
Rich, have fun and be safe.

hiball3985

Great music, thanks G..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Have a good trip Rich, we'll be waiting for the pixs
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2023-06-08 10:07You missed the boat Randy, he played in Penticton last night, coming through Abbotsford today to play at the Biltmore tonight.  I will be in Chilliwack or I would be there.
Terry

Too bad we have plans this Sunday, he's playing in Kelowna that night.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

Here's another mountain music band for your listening pleasure ( hope it's not too much for ya), Can you believe these guys are from Italy, of all places.... this sounds so much 1950s Flatt&Scruggs or Osborne Brothers, it's unreal.

RICH MUISE

Speaking of mountain music.......went to Colorado in the '57 again. I did the NSRA show in Pueblo. I was #1803, signing up Friday afternoon, so I'm sure 2k+ cars. The car ran great, and I did a bit more mountain driving, but just back to Cripple Creek (......speaking of music).  I'm at about 3k miles in the past month. Mileage @ 20.5 pg.
It was in the mid '90s, so too hot to do much thin-air walking around. For as many cars as there were, most were sitting in whatever shade they could find, not too many walking around. There were 4 '57 Fords, mine, a ranchero (also from Amarillo), a Sunliner, and a Del Rio that was at the Canyon City Abbey car show two weeks ago. I do have pics of that one. I parked across from a yellow '33 coupe, probably the most perfect car I've ever seen.
Funny, when I parked, I coincidentally parked next to 3 cars from Weatherford, Ok., where I did a car show with them last weekend!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe