News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

The guy I sold that low miles Mark viii to pulled the independent rear out of it and installed it in a friend's '56 Ford pickup.They had played with the setup on another frame, then his friend decided it would be cool on his, so they ordered some new welding plates, gussetts, pulled the bed off the pickup and had the irs installed in two days. They just had the brake lines to hook up, and were waiting for the old Mark viii driveshaft to be shortened and (unfortunatly) a Chevy yoke put on the front of it. Very easy install...got me to wishing I knew about it way back when. Might even be easier on the '57 passenger car frames the way they kick up in the back to clear the differential.
Sadly, the car went to the crushers last week...he didn't want to mess with trying to sell stuff off it. Easy pull from the marks also...a half dozen bolts, a few brake lines and it's out. Not sure how the width compares to the '57 though..that may be the problem. The irs is 1 1/2" wider than the '56 pickup was.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 4thgen57 on 2013-11-27 19:46
Got a drive in today, to the gas station then my buddies shop. snowing all the way. Took my 2 year old on his first ride in the Custom. He's a trooper. No heat , and he just sat there and grinned.
Those smiles and grins go a long way. I've got a pic of my wife the first time she sat in the '57 after I got the driver's seat finally installed. She grabbed the steering wheel with both hands and that grin slowly spread across her face. She hates me taking pics of her in her 'jammies!

hotroddonnie

Well Rich you know what they say, no picture then it didn't happen, plus she wouldn't know if you posted the picture would she? I'll go first, here's a picture of my wife driving to Wallmart!

hotroddonnie

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys in the states!

Ford Blue blood

ad to all out there serving as well.

Time to put the bird in, 21 lbs, lots of left overs.......:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Mornin....Happy Thanksgiving! We've got lots of people coming today, so we picked up the biggest turkey we could find..just under 25 lbs, and a 12 1/2 lb ham to go with it. They'll both be going in the smoker shortly. We're not eating until 4:30 or so...later than usual, because 2 of our neices have to work today. I was born on Thanksgiving, so my birthday falls on it every 3 or 4 years..today being one of those.

Frankenstein57

Got some things done last night, I took my t-bird over to the house I invested in last spring, cleaned up the garage and tucked it away for the winter. My son and I then worked on the hardwood floors, I drum sanded them recently, and we are finish sanding the edges and corners, prepping for finish. My friend calls, he doesn't have heat--its 23 degrees out. Just so happens I had some used parts for his furnace, went over and saved the day.  Thinking about splitting some wood before the Packer/ Lions game, and turkey dinner of course.  Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!    Mark

hiball3985

Happy Birthday Rich.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Yup, Happy Birthday Rich.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

410ranchero

Turkey is in the smoke house, 3 hours and its in the oven. And in my tradition of not following the rules, I'm have a Tennessee Mimosa(shine and orange juice)

Happy Turkey day to all, especially our boys downrange.

sprink88

happy Thanksgiving everyone.
~Chris

Jeff Norwell

Is it Morning yet?
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-11-28 16:38
Is it Morning yet?

Nope...but I am getting my vitamin c...... :003:.....that would be a shot of 1800, two shots of O.J. and ice....settles all that bird and fixings down real nice....getting ready for cherry pie and ice cream!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Zapato

It might be black friday but its turkey day at our house today. Wife worked yesterday so its time to get everything ready for the ids and a bunch of in-laws and outlaws to show up. Extra was good gave me time to ''finish'' a couple of honey doos that really needed doing. Hope you all had a good one.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72