News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrys Kars

Well, this thread reminds me of Facebook where everyone has to let everybody know how many times they went to the bathroom and whenever they petted the dog. :003: :003: So here goes. Just got back from Columbus Ford Flea. Delivered a 494 Boss Can-Am block from Va. via Ohio to Ind. May be seeing this in a famous race car later on. A lot of Boss, FE stuff. Not much Y. Did see a rare Lincoln Y intake. Vendor with repro 57 rockers and hockeys. Car corral didn't have much at all. Back home now with coffee and Krispy Creme done. :002:

Boss/Cyclone

I saw that intake too.  There was a 59 converitble in the corral, pretty rough.  Not much else.
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-01 08:28
Jay...haven't been in Boston for 25 years at least...I know they did that massive project many years ago (90's?)...did that eliminate the Sumner / Calhan Tunnels? By the way, I finally remembered to pack up the visor delete...I'll get it to the Post Office tomorrow.

Rich...When I first started driving, there was only The Sumner tunnel.  It was very narrow and traffic went in both directions.  Later in the early 60's they installed the Callahan  tunnel and then we had a separate tunnel for back and forth traffic as you remember it.  They are both still there with no problems.  That massive mess is the one where they are still having all kinds of  problems like water leaks and ceiling tiles and lights  falling. 
   No rush on the visor delete.  That's very nice of you. Thank you very much.

Ford Blue blood

Back home after a frustating 11 hour drive on a normal 9 1/2 drive.  While pondering my belly button Friday night I got to thinking I must have been nuts scheduling a Sunday return!  Turns out I was correct!  I figured Knoxville would be the start, not so much, traffic slowed from the normal 70 MPH through town to 50 - 60 MPH and was extremely heavy.   All went well until Chattanooga, the back up/stop and start traffic started on I-75 30 miles outside of town and lasted until the I-24/I-59 split.

Got home, house had not burned down, all the toys were where I left them and the bed felt really great.  I sleep on the coutch at the kids place because of space limitation plus I am the early riser there as well.

First load of laundry is in, second cup of coffee and the paper read.  Next, put the clothes on the line, hit the grocery, put up the Christmas lights and get the cat from the "cat house".

Hope you all enjoyed time with friends and family and all were safe.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

410ranchero

actually having coffee this time and Christmas shopping.  You gotta love cyber Monday!

hiball3985

Yesterday was a good and bad day. I was informed by Macs that the new balancer I ordered was still back ordered until the end of Dec and they were only getting three and had orders for seven. So I tried to pick the best one of the three I had and used it, installed the radiator fired it up. Took it for a ride to pick up a new battery that fits the tray and hold down. Put the hood on last night with my sons help when he came over, still need to adjust that today. Now I'm waiting for the sway bar kit to arrive..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Doesn't sound like your day was all that bad...at least you got something done. Most of my day yeaterday was consummed getting information so I could order a few things. Got a Stainless overflow tank ordered,and an A/C condenser, and chrome dryer w/ trinary switch ordered as well. Also got a set of Mustang off road downpipes/H pipe ordered that hopefully will work to get my exhaust done to the back of the tranny area. Got to get out and start working on my shifter linkage..this may be the last good weather day for a while.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

Last week when I went down to Abilene, I saw a truck/trailer with two old COE cabs on it heading north. When I saw him he was in Childress, about 115 miles south of here. This morning while running some errands, I saw the two cabs again, sitting in a commercial lot about 1/4 mile from the house!

F570RD

You old guys crack me up.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: F570RD on 2013-12-03 14:37
You old guys crack me up.
LOL...That's a line us "old guys" sure hate hearing when it's coming from a young good looking lady...from a forum member, not so bad!

sprink88

~Chris

Ford Blue blood

Here we go with another dreary day, does make for getting much done in the shop.  Have the Edsel close to moving out and getting the Bird in for final assembly.

Forecasters really messed up this weeks renderings.  Was dark out when I put the first load of laundry in, day light showed up and it was raining!  Laundry in the dryer, hate that.  Got the Christmas lights up and working yesterday before the sprinkles started.

Retreated to the shop and made good progress, got the rear seat and carpet installed, front seat tracks cleaned and lubed, a couple of seals put in and cleaned up things.

Will work on a couple of electrical issues today and try to blow out the rain gutters if it dries out a little.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Morning guys..It may get warm enough to work in my garage..hopefully anyways. Today definetly gonna be the last day for a week or so..won't be above freezing til next Tuesday.
Jay...your delete piece got to the post office Monday
Have a great day, guys...stay warm

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-04 08:43

Jay...your delete piece got to the post office Monday
Have a great day, guys...stay warm

Thank you very much Rich I'll send a donation to the site.  Jay 

Jeff Norwell

You guys are awesome...... what a great site!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com