News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

57redwhitered

Never got to 10 today.  Whatever happened to global warming? 
1957 Skyliner

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2013-12-07 18:21
Never got to 10 today.  Whatever happened to global warming?

It is living happily everafter with the inventor of the internet...... :005:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-12-08 07:25
It is living happily everafter with the inventor of the internet...... :005:
Be nice to Al, without him none of would be here talking about our 57's :003:
And what happened to global cooling they tried to sell us in the 70-80s caused by airplanes.
I'm surprised they haven't blamed global warming on people who drive 57's..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Pipes to the washing machine froze up sometime over the past few days. Rest of the house is ok..just keeping fingers crossed whatever frozen pipes we have don't burst. I sure ain't complaining though...heard places in Wisconsin may get down to a wind chill of minus 50!
I saw this pic on the 'net last night. It's a major interchange in the Dallas area after the ice hit. Speaking of Brass Monkeys, the driver of that big rig on the bridge has got a serious case of oversized. Getting downhill from where he's at would make me pucker.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

4banger

Talking about tools, I just bought a tool from Las Vegas Tool. Vise grip with a slide hammer attached and a nice case came with it. It won a SEMA award. The more you guys talk about cold temps, the hotter it gets here.

RICH MUISE

vise grip with a slide hammer? what would that be used for..any pics?

Zapato

Quote from: gasman826 on 2013-12-07 16:46
  I found two rear view mirrors.  Both from '57 Customs.  One with a swivel ball in the little garnish piece and the other threaded into the garnish piece with a lock nut.  Which one is the odd ball?

My guess is that neither is odd, wouldn't be the first ,or last, time that Ford used different suppliers or changed design mid year either for improvement, ease of manufacture or cost. If it was my decision to make would go with the one with the simplest design.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

4banger

RICH MUISE

Good day...Broncos won easily even in bitter cold. Got our washing machine pipes unfrozen with no damage....at least I haven't seen any water running out from under the house. I ran a space heater for a few hours before I realized the best heater in the best spot was the dryer. Kept putting wet towels in the dryer and ran it for about an hour. The heat generated did the trick.

Ford Blue blood

Still raining here, cold and wet really put a damper on the motivation.  Sure am glad I put the new roof on this year and got the gutters blown out before this stuff started!

Always worried about the pipe freezing thing when living south during my military times.  Up north the temps are expected to get really low and things are done accordingly, not so much here.  In Brunswich, GA the place I lived in had the water lines in the ground to the house freeze during a "mild" three days below freezing spell.  Probobly a rare exception but still really bad.

Rich if it were me I believe I would open it up to see where the cold air came in.  Add to that, while copper is soft and a little forgiving I'd be willing to bet there are some "stretch marks" on those pipes.  Get'er done now while it is not a "must do".....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Good morning. Bill, These particular pipes come up thru the floor, so the pipes are under the house with no access except tearing the floor up, so it'll have to be one of those "if it aint broke...".

Zapato

BRRRRR! In our area (PNW) we have hummingbirds that winter over. Am sure more would survive if they would get long at the feeders. But its not in their nature to share. We have two feeders that we maintain thru the winter one each on the north and west sides of the house. Some days we pull them in several times to thaw out in the kitchen sink in turns in an attempt to give them a constant food supply. However they spend more time driving each other away from the feeders than feeding themselves. Not to mention driving other birds away from any other feeders in what they deem their domain. As my wife always reminds me its a good thing they're not as big as robins or we'd be in trouble. Hopefully the yuletide camellias will start blooming soon and some of the bickering at the feeders will die down. But for the next few months this is the behavior to be expected from our ''welfare'' birds.

Definitely easier to deal with frozen feeders than frozen pipes. And must add entertaining.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Jerrys Kars

In Va. Yesterday about 4" snow and overnight ice and frozen rain on top. Today just starting to melt but 6" of snow on the way in the morning.
Happy Motoring

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-12-09 08:16
Good morning. Bill, These particular pipes come up thru the floor, so the pipes are under the house with no access except tearing the floor up, so it'll have to be one of those "if it aint broke...".

OH NO.....guess running the dryer is the answer then....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

4thgen57

Well, another 3 inches of snow on the ground on top of the 6 inches over the weekend. Wonderful 19 degrees! Schools are delayed so I get an extra 2 hours to have my coffee.