News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

57 Ford Kustom

Tanker, he is going into the security forces, he filled out his dream sheet Wednesday, he listed Alaska first, England second, and Germany third. He want overseas stationing, everyone has told him that is the way to go.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

Tim...How was your day in San Antonio?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57 Ford Kustom

Rich, it was a great day! Warm, no snow! We picked my boy up and went to the city today. We saw the Alamo, went down to the river walk, and went to Rudy's barbecue! Their slogan is the worst barbecue in Texas, if that's the worst, then I can't imagine how the best is! Lol! But the best thing about the trip was being with my boy agian, can't tell you how great that is! Already planned his 2 weeks free leave at home, he and I will load my 351 block into the truck, and bring it to the shop for the rebuild!
Thanks,

Frankenstein57

Put my Christmas present up in the shop today

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2014-01-18 18:56
Tanker, he is going into the security forces, he filled out his dream sheet Wednesday, he listed Alaska first, England second, and Germany third. He want overseas stationing, everyone has told him that is the way to go.
Thanks,

I do remember well filling out my dream sheet (1965) after school, asked for a destroyer off the west coast and got a carrier off the east coast........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Thor

I was a crew chief in the Kansas Air Guard in Wichita, KS. I crewed F-4's, F-16's, B-1b's, and KC-135's. FYI, my screen name "Tanker8875" comes from the tail number of the last aircraft I crewed, a KC-135 tanker with the tail number 63-8875. As a security force member I'll bet he will spend some time out on the flight line guarding some aircraft somewhere. Us guys on the flight line used to get to know the security guys pretty well. I'm sure your boy will have a great experience. I also bet he will have some pretty good stories to tell you at some point in the future. I wish him nothing but success!     

Zapato

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2014-01-18 22:00
I do remember well filling out my dream sheet (1965) after school, asked for a destroyer off the west coast and got a carrier off the east coast........

Filled my dream sheet #1 choice Nam, dream granted. Boy was I a dumass........

Zap-
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2014-01-18 18:56
Thanks,

If he ends up in England or Germany give me a shout with any questions.  Although I live in England I work for the German part of my company so have strong ties over there.  If he comes to England he won't need to pack too many bottles of sun-lotion, WD40 will be better to stop him rusting.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

57 Ford Kustom

I hated to tell he had a "power ball" chance in he11 of getting one of them! I don't remember what I selected in the Army , but once I became a paratrooper I had one choice! Fort Bragg! It's ok though, I had some good times there, and met a lot of great men there!
Tim  :unitedstates:

modifieddriver

Been to San Antonio once.  Turn back the clock, it'll be 20 years ago this April!!!!  Bought a '36 Ford 3-window coupe from down there.  Still have it and the memories of the trip there.  Took a pic of it on the street with the Alamo in the back ground.  Went to River Walk and ate at "Dick's Last Resort" (?).  Climate there is similar to where I live now.  That was then and this is now.  Places change.  Hope it's still similar to back then.

Congrats on the graduation.  I assume he's doing military and then perhaps further education.  I did it, school and then military.  My way was the wrong way.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

hiball3985

If any of you are fans of the TV show Shipping Wars I just read Roy passed away of a heart attack in Texas..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

410ranchero

Back in the states having coffee with visiting family and getting ready to yell at the Seahawks.

We hit the Honky Tonks last night and got home about 4am. Nights like that sure hurt after 30 haha. I could go for a nap.

Marks, glad to hear your son is ok. That picture is awesome. It looks like you are matching me with progress on your ranchero!

electricalan

Go HAWKS !!!!!
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

rmk57

Quote from: electricalan on 2014-01-19 15:56
Go HAWKS !!!!!

Most everyone in Vancouver, B.C., is on the Seahawks bandwagon to!

25 minutes to kickoff!
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

My team just got in...SUPER BOWL!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe