News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

been snowing here all day,real fine powder.about 2'' so far. hovering around 20deg with a nasty cutting breeze. guess we were due. now if anyone knows an easy way to keep a hummingbird feeder from freezing sure would love to know.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

gasman826

humming bird feeder cozy

electricalan

Are your humming birds still around? I have not had any since september/oct,You could bring it in the house at night.You did remind me I have a red glass one out there I need to go check and see if it blew up.
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

Zapato

The Annas are here year round, we feed them all the time in fact there's a pair chasing each other away from the feeder right now.

Damm it! Just spotted a starling out on the suet feeder. Have absolutely no use for them flying rats.
Zapato

sprink88

Morning coffee was spent watching the news this am before leaving for work.  They are reporting today is the 17th consecutive day with morning temps below 0. At least the high is suppose to be 20!
~Chris

electricalan

Zap, Thats cool you have some all year round.I have tons in summer,but have never seen any in the cold.I also hate those flying rats.I never had any till about two years ago they decided to peck screen out and move into my garage attic.I split a piece of romex wire apart for 3-4 inches and ran one wire across top and bottom of opening and plugged it into a 10,000 volt neon sign transforrmer.A few days later i cleaned some feathers out of my garden,and I have not seen one since.It took me a bit to see your reply because I just finished putting a new motor in my furnace.It decided to stop two nights ago when the snow started.I know you have had snow,but that was the first for us in Tacoma.You and I live a lot closer than most on here,maybe we will bump into each other sometime.Heading to the earlybird swapmeet in puyallup this weekend to see what they got.
                                                                                  Later Al 

Zapato

We'll run into each other sooner or later. Not headed to Puyallup planning a trip and need to get a lot of things done prior to that. We were up your way recently wife was taking a class at PLU and I tagged along and bought some parts for my 57. Also found a great hobby shop couple blocks away from PLU. Reminded me of the ones I visited as a child just the prices were a bit shocking.

As for the hummingbirds, you might not see them but they are surely there. The Annas range well into BC so unless you have some incredible cats in your neighborhood and no flowers they are around. Hang a feeder and they will find it.

Zapato

electricalan

Hey,I saw a humming bird yesterday when the sun popped out.I guess maybe I need to start taking off my sunglasses in the winter.
         I know exactly where the hobby shop is,I spent the last year driving past on my way to plu.We did a massive remodle on their theatre.It lasted over a year and was about 30 million.Anyway thanks for telling me to open my eyes and see the birds.Have a good trip.

410ranchero

Coffee time for me(I run weird hours). Heading out to the shop to finish organizing. I got the tin for my air compressor shed attachment.

I have the next two weeks off so hopefully I can get some work done on my car!

Zapato

Zapato

Limey57

I've just got in the house after driving home from the middle of France (Dijon) after beeing there on business since Monday.  11 1/2 hour drive (around 600 miles) which includes the hop across the sea using the channel tunnel.  I'm beat, cup of coffee then some shut-eye............
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Gary...Now that's a drive I would have liked to been riding shotgun on! I'm curious now that you brought France up..we see lots of interest in American cars from the European countries...not sure I've ever seen anything related from France though. Do you see American Classics there? Get some sleep, sounds like it's needed.
Zap..you're right...couldn't stay away too long. I had to come back and harrass you guys a bit.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-02-13 09:16
Gary...Now that's a drive I would have liked to been riding shotgun on! I'm curious now that you brought France up..we see lots of interest in American cars from the European countries...not sure I've ever seen anything related from France though. Do you see American Classics there? Get some sleep, sounds like it's needed.
Zap..you're right...couldn't stay away too long. I had to come back and harrass you guys a bit.

I drove from Calais (where the channel tunnel from England terminates) right down through to Gevrey Chambertin (around 20 miles south of Dijon) and I saw ZERO classics of any description!  The French have some really tough laws on classics restricting their use and you cannot modify a car in any way shape or form over there (even bigger wheels/lowered suspension is illegal, although a few do push their luck). 

To be honest most of my journey was on the freeways so I was unlikely to see any classics on there, but even driving through the towns (I'd have been screwed without a good sat-nav, French road signs are random at best) I didn't see any car over ten years old.

Don't be fooled by some of the films you see that portray France as being a beautiful country full of romance, I can't say I agree and don't get me started on French coffee (like used engine oil), wine (like water) or cheese (I'm sure some of it could be used in chemical warfare).  Oh yes, and French driving........  an empty freeway, nothing in front for miles and you look in your rear view mirror and there's a local driving so close I can almost see up his nose, I slow down, he slows down, I speed up, he speeds up.  Kinda explains why there are so few old cars in France, they all get trashed with their driving habits!!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

LAUDY57

Just ran across this on a Cdn forum.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

electricalan

Thats a good one.I can think of one worse.She did it while you were out of town,and your not dead.