News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Took all my girls out for Valentine's day dinner, and now that its warmed up a  bit, came home and the frogs croaking was deafening. Glad its still not warm enough to have windows open as they get so loud its hard to fall asleep.Feeling pretty blessed that the frogs keeping me awake is the only thing I have to complain about.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

jumping jack flash

Yep, That's a blessing for sure. ...What is Valentine's Day?

410ranchero

Still working on my compressor project. It's like it will never end! Hopefully I will be done with it today. I added my old compressor tank in above my new one. This should help stabilize the pressure over a longer period of time while I am painting. I have a valve to close this tank off for the majority of the time to save wear and tear on the compressor. I have to plumb my shop and install a hose reel, and I will have a regulated line for painting and other low pressure operations.

JimNolan

It's Sunday morning and I'm sitting here pounding keys on the computer. I just put a bid in on a set of four 1957 Ford Dog Dish Hubcaps. They are hard to find. Then I got to thinking. Where best to look for them than here. The thing is they got to be somewhere between driver and show quality. I've got a nice set of 1957 Thunderbird Turbine Wheel covers I'd trade. I think they are original, not reproduction. I don't like them anyway but if you wouldn't be ashamed to have them on your car if you like them. So, if you got a set you'd like to sell or trade just give me a PM. Thanks, Jim  PS: After the years I've been doing this you'd think I already had a set, wouldn't you.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

410ranchero...You're gonna like having that compressor outside..nice setup. Your compressor looks like mine...Harbor Freight?? I've had mine for 8 years now, absoltly no problems except a bad switch a few years ago.
Jim...dogdish caps? are you just looking for an occational change in looks? I don't have a set, but I'll keep my eyes open. I do see them on ebay occationally.
Jay/ecode...looks like you're getting another storm there..it's been a tough winter. We were suppose to be in the high 70's yesterday..sun never came out, but it did get into the low 60's. Today may hit the 70's though..plenty of sunshine so far.
I'm restoring an old 5 ft tall front yard windmill my wife's uncle's dad made about 60 years ago. I brought it back from phoenix last Oct so I could sandblast it and redo it right for him. Got it back from the blaster's Thursday, and got it primered yesterday. Gotta get it done..we should be going back to Phoenix in about 3 weeks if my wife can get off work. My wife works for Pantex...the nuclear weapons facility outside of Amarillo. They have a new management company coming in sometime soon, and she doesn't want to be gone with they do take over. No date for the changeover has been set yet, so we're waiting to see.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-02-16 10:19
Jim...dogdish caps? are you just looking for an occational change in looks? I don't have a set, but I'll keep my eyes open. I do see them on ebay occationally.

I using Cragars to Drag race with and I want to go to 15" plain steel wheels without the multi lug patterns. The poverty caps will dress it out better with the 15" wheels.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

electricalan

Saw one dog dish at a swap meet yesterday.I did not buy it because I was hoping to find someone with a set for sale.I only found one other booth with 57 stuff and they did not have them.I guess I should have bought the one and started collecting.I have attended this swap meet for 25 of its 50 years and there has always been much more stuff in the past.20 years ago I gave away four sets of them,and now I cant find a set.Maybe I will have better luck at the Portland swapmeet in a couple months.Anyway good luck.
                                                                                                         Al
Returning from a long hibernation!!!

RICH MUISE

LOL..Just spent a while on the Hamb. Ran across an older thread discussing what turned guys off when they were looking at a car. I thought to myself, this is a fairly long thread, they'll probably hit about everything I've done to my car. They covered about all the things I've done to mine on the first page. Funny.

57 Ford Kustom

Rich, don't feel bad, I can't get a reply to a question because I have FNG under my name!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

Did you do a formal introduction first? That's a biggie over there. Your car is much more Hamb friendly than mine....You wouldn't like some of the "replies" I've gotten. That's ok though, I understand that's their forum and non traditional doesn't cut it if you try to show it or talk or ask about it. That thread I talked about even had some objectionable things listed I hadn't even though about...metalic paint, ss. braided hoses.

petew

Tough crowd over there . There is a wealth of info there and generally I search the hell out of a subject rather then ask a question.

Frankenstein57

Worked all week on two snowmobiles, one had a burnt piston. My sled had coolant in the crankcase, I pulled the cyl head off and everything looked good, my bud says its the seal between the water pump and crankcase. Well I did it myself, he said I saved at least a grand. I like that, plus its good to get to know your toys. My son and I unloaded by the Fox river, put on 80 miles, nice day about 25 degrees and sunny.  Great ride

RICH MUISE

Mark..it is good to get to know your toys...I've got a new car buddy who is a whiz on electrical stuff amoung other things. He's going to be putting a 4.6 dohc in a '36 chevy. He was trying to talk me into a wiring harness like he's using that is custom made including reprogramming the computer, and when it's received, he'll only need to hook up a dozen or so wires. The Engine harness I'm using costs more and will end up with a hunderd or so wires to be hooked up. I thought about the choices for a while, and decided to stay with my original plans. Mine may be a ton more work, and therefore more room for error, but when I'm done, hopefully, I'll know alot more about the miriad of components on my engine. Like you said..you gotta learn your toys.

57 Ford Kustom

I think the only way I do learn is to tear into it, sometimes I learn that I shouldn't have done it! Lol! Well I got my FNG answer on the Hamb, bide my time, or pay $50.00 and become an alliance member! Lol!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

What? I gotta check that thread out...what's the title on the thread? and your Hamb tag (besides FNG)