News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

Snowmobiling in door county, North of Green Bay. One last rip before SPRINGGGG. 22 degrees this morning, snow is hanging in there

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2014-03-13 21:51
Thursday night continued. A few more showed up after dark but they were Chebies also

Jim
    I'm happy to see that you had a nice safe spot between the 48-49 Ford and the 40 Ford 2dr.   It's not safe to park too close to those Chebby things because they give off some sort of disease that can't even be washed off.   Good to see that you and your car made it to a car cruise.  Jay
     PS FWIW...That 48-49 could also be a 50.

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-03-11 22:39
I took a ride out to Lake Havasu today.

Rich.... Did you just happen to see a stone bridge at Havasu.?    It's been missing from London for a while and the last I heard, Scotland Yard is still looking for it.  Jay

RICH MUISE

Actually, I didn't. I did pass the entrance to the resort where it is located.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-03-15 10:20
Jim
    I'm happy to see that you had a nice safe spot between the 48-49 Ford and the 40 Ford 2dr.   It's not safe to park too close to those Chebby things because they give off some sort of disease that can't even be washed off.   Good to see that you and your car made it to a car cruise.  Jay
     PS FWIW...That 48-49 could also be a 50.
Jay, take a closer look, the 40 is a 4 door.. I think if everyone was to show up at the same time the Fords would actually out number the Chebby's. Not many places you see that.
I'm not sue what the silver car is, maybe some kind of kit car but it's Ford powered too and has blue oval badges on the side of the hood.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2014-03-15 10:29
Actually, I didn't. I did pass the entrance to the resort where it is located.

WHAT???   You actually missed London Bridge?   

Ecode70D

Jim.   Your'e right .  It's a 40 4dr .  I should have checked it better.
         From what I can see, the silver car looks like it has a 36 grill on it.  The engine side panels look sort of custom made.  Does that car have a sky leak in the roof?
          Now your'e going to have to go back next week and get a good picture of the silver car.
          While your'e at it, get a picture of the 57 wagon that didn't show up this week.  We need to keep the Ford numbers up to outnumber  the Chebby things.

Limey57

The funny thing is the guy that bought London Bridge actually thought he was buying the (much grander) Tower Bridge and got a bit of a shock when he realised what he had actually bought (so it is said).

London Bridge:

Tower Bridge:

Gary

1957 Ranchero

Ecode70D

You know something Gary!!   I heard that story also about the Tower  Bridge.. 
It sure is amazing though how they marked each and every piece, took it apart, transported it, and put it back together over here.  The bridge pieces still had the those marks on them when I saw it a few years ago.

Limey57

I know what you mean, I struggle with a car in pieces, so a bridge where every piece looks like the next?  Much respect!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

modifieddriver

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2014-03-15 17:45
You know something Gary!!   I heard that story also about the Tower  Bridge.. 
It sure is amazing though how they marked each and every piece, took it apart, transported it, and put it back together over here.  The bridge pieces still had the those marks on them when I saw it a few years ago.

Yeah, I saw the same markings.  What a puzzle that must've been to reassemble.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

Ecode70D

Quote from: modifieddriver on 2014-03-16 13:18
Yeah, I saw the same markings.  What a puzzle that must've been to reassemble.

Modifieddriver

There is a lesson to be learned about marking pieces especially when it comes to taking a car apart.

I too have wondered about how much of a puzzle it was to put that bridge back together and make it look that good.       

RICH MUISE

Winds are finally dying down today. We had 2 or 3 days of constant 30-40 mph winds...and the inevietable dust storm to go along with it. The dust had blocked out the sun all yesterday..brown skies every direction..and dirt silt covering everything.
I'm getting ready to reroof my garage from last year's hail storm. We're hoping to build a regular garage after I get the house finished, so my current not-quite-a garage will be coming down. With that in mind, I'm not going to sheath and shingle the current space as I was thinking, but going to use metal roofing instead. I had also thought about the same reinforced composite I have on it now, but that would be stupid considering how close I came to a major disaster with the '57 last year. I found local metal supply place yesterday that has a whole pallet of seconds...perfect for what I need....less than 400 for what I need.
Next is figuring out when my shoulder will let me actually do the roof, but I'll have the materials ready when I am. Hopefully that won't be too long...the 22 x 28 tarp I had covering the roof got ripped apart in the winds we've had.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

petew

I have a metal roof on my garage and will be putting one on my house soon. At our age it will be a forever roof.

Frankenstein57

Rich, IMHO a metal roof is the way to go. About 20 years ago I had shingles blow off of my barn roof, right onto my newly painted t-bird. So I tore the roof off and installed metal, it hasn't given my any problems. Sounds like its not for the long haul, but if you use the screws with the washer and rubber grommet, be carefull not to over torque them, it cracks the rubber.  Mark